Cotswold Wildlife Park - Lion Cubs

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely day out at CWP yesterday - they have a new little exhibit where the old zebra stables used to be. It is called 'Little Africa' and they have put a selection of smaller exhibits inside. Great use of the space and I believe the only place to see Gundi in the UK. I could be wrong on that point though...

Obviously the main attraction was the Lion cubs though and we were lucky to be let in 25 minutes early and have them almost to ourselves for a little while. Later in the day it was very sunny and they'd collapsed out of sight so although I am not desperately happy with the shots I got - I am still very happy to have seen them at all! Anyway - C&C always welcome.

DSC_2742 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_2785 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_2771 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_2790 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_2680 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_2671 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Seems I'm well overdue a visit!

Cracking set Fi
#2 reminds me of the scene from the Lion King when Simba is trying to get his dad up :D

#5 for me though with the pair stalking / hiding in the grass.

Crackin set and I'd be very satisfied with them, especially #2

Seems I'm well overdue a visit!

Cracking set Fi
#2 reminds me of the scene from the Lion King when Simba is trying to get his dad up :D

#5 for me though with the pair stalking / hiding in the grass.

Thanks both - I was disappointed as thought I'd got some more shots of them in the long grass but some dodgy glass caught me out. I was delighted when the one brave little cat went to see dad though - she tried to snuggle in with him but he was having none of it! :D

Fi, they're so cute!!
I need to check how far away CWP is. :)
Lovely set of images.

Thanks both - I was disappointed as thought I'd got some more shots of them in the long grass but some dodgy glass caught me out.
I went to see the tiger cubs at Marwell this morning and failed to keep my composure when I realised I'd caught them before anyone else got to them. Most were completely overexposed due to the glare on the glass, or distorted beyond recognition.

Fi, they're so cute!!
I need to check how far away CWP is. :)
Lovely set of images.

It would be worth a bit of a drive ;)

I went to see the tiger cubs at Marwell this morning and failed to keep my composure when I realised I'd caught them before anyone else got to them. Most were completely overexposed due to the glare on the glass, or distorted beyond recognition.

I feel your pain. We're off to Marwell weekend after next - and London next Saturday so fingers crossed for some tiger cub shots...

Excellent set (y)

Back