Cotswold Wildlife Park

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from a recent visit to cwp - I was specifically looking to take mono shots to submit for the 2019 photo contest. The park have used a shot I submitted last year on the contest webpage to illustrate the mono category for this year and have also used it on their social media - so I figured I'd give it a shot again this year. Three of these were entered... will be interesting to see which people prefer and if I chose the right ones! C&C always welcome.

CWP_20190913_Lioness by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

CWP_20190913_141655 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

CWP_20190913_103435 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. I preferred this one in colour...
CWP_20190913_141316_01 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Lovely shots, of which I prefer 1 and 3. 1 is how I feel this evening, and the eye contact in number 3 is mesmerising... I hope he's just eaten and isn't licking his lips in anticipation! :)

1 and 4 for me , never been a fan of black backgrounds but they really work well here . Could picture these being used in a whole bunch of magazines .

Lovely shots, of which I prefer 1 and 3. 1 is how I feel this evening, and the eye contact in number 3 is mesmerising... I hope he's just eaten and isn't licking his lips in anticipation! :)
1 and 4 for me , never been a fan of black backgrounds but they really work well here . Could picture these being used in a whole bunch of magazines .

Thanks both - appreciate the feedback :)

As much as I like big cats, I have to say that the last Pelican is my favourite one of the set (y)

I love big cats - just cannot get my head around why people photograph and convert to mono???

The Pelican is superb by the way

Les :)

Nobody commenting on #2 !!!

That's my favourite, stands out from the rest as a beautiful piece of artwork, the one I want on my wall. :D

As much as I like big cats, I have to say that the last Pelican is my favourite one of the set (y)

Thank you - I'm glad as I spent blimmin ages trying to get that pelican shot! I entered it in a non-mono category...

I love big cats - just cannot get my head around why people photograph and convert to mono???

The Pelican is superb by the way

Les :)

Thanks Les - I guess it is just personal preference, and the fact the contest category I was aiming for was mono ;) I do know what you mean though - I like a mono conversion for lions personally, but I would be much less likely to convert shots of other big cats like tigers / jags / leopards... unless it was a melanistic leopard. Then I probably would...

Thank you :)

Nobody commenting on #2 !!!

That's my favourite, stands out from the rest as a beautiful piece of artwork, the one I want on my wall. :D

Thanks David - that is a lovely thing to say! I spent ages taking shots of the pelicans... I figured they would lend themselves to the mono treatment :)

Last edited:
Back