Could someone critique my photos ?

I enjoyed the diversity of subjects and your approach.
I believe, though, that where you should work more is
on the consistency of your renditions.

Nicely diverse but a few could be culled - Homeward, Machine and Park bench I found totally uninspiring although I did like Chatsworth and IMG 0474 but the one that really caught my eye, because it was so unusual, was the GOPRO shot.

But overall quite nice varied bunch and you definitely have an eye for a shot; it just needs more focus - but that will come with time.

So definitely keep it up, and hope to see a lot more of your work.

As above, post them here and you'll get a much better response, as people will just click out! Also, that way you can be more specific, and get more specific feedback.

Would be better to post some of your photos on the forum :)

As above, post them here and you'll get a much better response, as people will just click out! Also, that way you can be more specific, and get more specific feedback.

^^^ What they say.

I'd caution against putting a "eclectic" mix of styles / genres together, or posting more than 3-4 shots at any one time for critique, as, well - basically it takes people a while to actually write meaningful critique, and, if it takes 5 minutes per image, and you post 12 shots, you're basically asking someone you don't know to spend a hour working for you for free...

Pick either a single image or a few images that form a cohesive "set" then post them in the appropriate areas of the forum and ask for critique.

Then sit back and wait for the feedback to flow. Many of the members will not bother with links to external websites - assuming that the person posting is basically just out to get "click through" traffic...

WELCOME!!

there is a lot there and initially i got the impression of underexposure
better you chose one which you like the best
then submit it as a one off for someone to look at
the critique may then cover a lot of ground which is on your other photos
the basis of critique really is to point out exposure, composition and attend to things like cropping and cloning to make the shot more presentable
the subject matter could be one mans meat and another mans porridge with salt on it
:D
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Back