Couple from Bempton Cliffs.

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken over he weekend, 1d Mk3 and 600 F4L :)

Gannet, airbrakes on :)
Gannet3.jpg

Blimey hes a bit crap isnt he, my wings are all blurred ;)
Gannet2.jpg

Kes
Kestrel1.jpg

Kes again
Kestrel3.jpg

Great set of pic's there mate (as usual) first pic for me nice and sharp and like the blur on the wings (y)

Very good captures Ian ... (y) ... and just repeats how great Bempton is at this time of year ... ;)

BTB ... See someone has got breeding Peregrine's very close on their local church ... :D

:p

Nice ones there. We have a pair of Kestrel hanging about now too. Nest box for next year I think.

very nice ian,the kestrel's are from a great angle

Great pics. I love birds in flight photos with sharp heads and blurred wings too :)

I'm dying to go to bempton. Must organise the mammoth drive up there v soon

Ian

Crack set of images.... really like number two..

Looks like here really has something to say...

Regards

Shutterman

Good set of shots Ian. Where there many puffins about, I heard they were in short supply up there.

Great set of images Ian. Saw a Sigma 50-500 for sale and was drooling over it! Thought of you Ian but don't think it's quite as big as yours!!!! Only thing was it was in Jessops and the price was highway robbery!

Nice set. Numbers 1 and 4 for me.

Great set of images Ian. Saw a Sigma 50-500 for sale and was drooling over it! Thought of you Ian but don't think it's quite as big as yours!!!! Only thing was it was in Jessops and the price was highway robbery!

Is definitely not as big as mine lol Is a big heavy lump though, shame it was so expensive though. Thanks :)

:clap: Excellent stuff Ian! Particularly like the Gannet :)

Thanks Jo :) didnt see the Dipper by the way :(

No? Did you got to the little bit I described then? Sorry bout that :( I forgot to text it to let it know you were coming :confused:

There was a ford? :thinking: I don't recall a ford :shrug: the place I was on about was just before you crossed the bridge?

There was a ford? :thinking: I don't recall a ford :shrug: the place I was on about was just before you crossed the bridge?

As you approach the railway station, (about half a mile before) theres a little narrow bridge just on a left hand bend, on the right theres a little turning, down the hill from that turning theres a ford :) i have probably got the wrong bridge lol

This is the bridge i was at, the ford is the left hand fork, i parked there, the weir is just down from the bridge ?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...671&spn=0.000884,0.002779&t=h&z=19&iwloc=addr

You know, I just looked at that and then on Google Earth, and can I see where it is? NO! :LOL: I can not for the life of me see it on either. But I know it's not where you tried (sorry :confused:) I'll get Chris to try and figure it out tomorrow, he'll know I'm sure :LOL:

Stunning mate. the blurred wings work for me.

They're absolutely lovely shots :) Love the 'in flight' ones - movement well captured. MK and I were there at the weekend - got soaked on Saturday but were up on the cliffs by 6am on Sunday and it was beautiful (tyhough very windy!). The gannets are stunning - so agile - and just beautiful.

If anyone is looking for a place to stay at Bempton try http://www.bemptonguesthouse.co.uk/

We stayed there for one night and it was fantastic. Very comfortable room and a cooked breakfast the next morning :D Would strongly recommend it.

Back