Couple from the Cairngorms....

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

Couple of pictures from my trip up the Feshie last weekend. Lovely autumnal weather.....

Coire Garblach
coire-garblach.jpg

Scots Pine, Glen Feshie
pine.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Lovely autumnal weather.....
:LOL:

Great shots. I vacated the highlands at the weekend to go to Engerland. Now I am seeing all the great shots I wished I had stayed at home and broke out the cramp-ons!

Oooh Snow.
Being down here in Bristol that's something I miss (being born and bred a Yorkshireman)

First one is a really good shot. I guess you used NDGrads and then post processsed?
Second one you have to peer to see the snow. Not enough of it to help. If you'd posted it with a title of say "tree" then it would look like a noisy post processed shot. Still it is a very photogenic tree.

Oooh Snow.
Being down here in Bristol that's something I miss (being born and bred a Yorkshireman)

First one is a really good shot. I guess you used NDGrads and then post processsed?
Second one you have to peer to see the snow. Not enough of it to help. If you'd posted it with a title of say "tree" then it would look like a noisy post processed shot. Still it is a very photogenic tree.

The first one has a little messing with a layer mask to get the ND-grad effect on the sky, so it's all purely post-processing, and the tree, well, it was snowing heavily at the time. Reminds me a bit of Poucher's Camera in the Cairngorms - a pleasing shot, and one I'm very happy with....

I prefer the second shot.(y)
very moody and atmospheric.
The snow fall helps to create that effect.

The first has a few problems.
Too much noise in the sky and a halo at the sky/hill border.
Something going on at the top left corner but that might be due to compression for the web.

Something going on at the top left corner but that might be due to compression for the web.

ImageReady, Save for Web, I'm afraid....

The original was rather large, so I zapped it....

Back