Couple From This Morning

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Went for a walk to a local beauty spot this morning and managed to capture a couple of nice characters...

Grey Wagtail
Grey_Wagtail800.jpg

Wren
Wren800.jpg

:D This had to be the 'showiest' Wren I've ever encountered, but because of the poor light and lack of tripod, I couldn't get the shot I wanted.
I had at least five minutes with this incredibly bold little bird and I was standing about 6 feet away, but despite using every angle available this (and a few more like it) were about as good as it got. :bang:

Thanks
Anthony

Last edited:
Shame about the light for #2. #1 is excellent, subject, composition and colour being spot on.

To be honest, the sky/background is already blown in the wren image, try adjusting the brightness and the detail of the bird will appear.

Just my opinion......:)

Nice Wagtail (y)
Wrens are a nightmare to get, so well done on that one. Yet to get something decent myself :D

:) Thanks Hairy.
I seem to have a lot of luck spotting Wrens, it's just that they tend to be in the most unphotogenic of places :bang:

Yep, they like dark places generally and are a dark lively bird. I always have difficulty getting them just right.......:nuts:

Nice Wren shot. That bg is retrievable with a bit of care - this is a quick rough and ready job.

Wren800-edit.jpg

Select the bg with the magic wand mask tool - it should get you a fairly tight mask on the bird.

Then expand the mask by about 3 pixels - don't feather it.

Bring the contrast down within the mask using the contrast slider.

Repeat from the start for the separate little areas of sky which the magic wand can't select in one go.

You can do it. Take your time - the shot is worth it.

Good stuff Busby ... (y) ... and Cedric's re-work shows you managed to capture all the detail in there somewhere ... ;)

:p

Back