Couple from today

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a walk up Calton Hill hoping to photograph the moon rise....but it was too cloudy in that direction so I settled for this silhouette. I could clone out the bird but decided I quite like it.

....and these two of the National Monument. In this one, I was drawn to the contrast between the pillars and the bright blue sky.

Don't think this one has quite hit the spot, I really struggle to get a decent WF shot of those pillars. I also tonemapped this image to give it a HDR feel but it's not really working for me. Is there anything I should remember when photographing a subject like this?

As usual your comments much appreciated.

Carol

Number 3 in particular is sublime Carol. Great composition with beautiful late afternoon or evening lighting. I really like the three figures which add a sense of scale, proportion and also subliminally link to the three doric columns both at the front and rear of the structure. I think this striking image would also appeal in monochrome too.

Thanks Nick, good to know i'm on the right track with no 3. Will take up your suggestion and try a monochrome conversion.

Carol

No3 is a great shot.

I think it has huge potential and is screaming out to be edited.

Nice work.

Matt

Thanks Nick, good to know i'm on the right track with no 3. Will take up your suggestion and try a monochrome conversion.

Carol

Fantastic !, let me know when you are done. Will try and monitor but drop me a PM if necessary (y)

Well Nick here's the mono version

Matt, interested to know how you'd edit the shot?

Michael, I did think about cloning those pylons, but I'm rubbish at cloning so I let them be.

Thanks for all your comments

Carol

Back