Critique Couple more from Duxford 21st September 2019

Nice prop blur so SS must have been bang on but aircraft looks slightly soft to me. My eyesight is poor though. Maybe due to camera shake? Looks like a nice day.

Last edited:
Thank you Jason for your comment, yes I do agree that a faction soft but I was not sure if it was camers shake or that I cropped in to much. Most probably camera shake, getting use to having a long lens, Nikon 200-500.

Nice blur, but the SS means that getting sharp shots while panning is tough, hence why the look a little soft. First one especially. When I shoot at 400+ I dont get many keepers either!

I would look to raise the shadows a little, and probably as a result boost contrast/saturation.

Shame about the sky but not a lot you can do with that.

You need to remove the dust spots from the second photo or consider a tighter crop.

Thanks for the comments Simon & vtecsilver very much appreciated. Whilst I have photo shop and had it for a few years still very much finding my way around it, so comments about raising shadows and boosting contrast and shadows are much appreciated.

Regarding dust spots, I do as a rule take them out 1st however missed them this time around. I really must get around to having the sensor cleaned, maybe now the winter is here and the camera will not be used much, now is the time to get it sorted.

Back