Couple of motorcycle shots

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
2 great shots there, the first one is a stunning capture!

Thanks... Was a struggle carrying a light stand and tripod attached to a backpack... But we'll worth it I think!

well what can i say wonderfull looking bike ( biker my self ) two it is a duke after all cant fault them at all. The photos are brilliant but i am liking the second shot better theres something about the first image that does not sit with me

I'm thinking the saturation of the sky in the first is maybe a tad too much, also the electrical cables kinda spoil it.

I was wondering if it looks almost superimposed?

I'm thinking the saturation of the sky in the first is maybe a tad too much, also the electrical cables kinda spoil it.

I was wondering if it looks almost superimposed?

i am thinking it is because the foreground is dark and the sky is dark as well not to mention the bike being black as well. tho saying that the sky dos have lovely colours to it.

Yes, maybe you're right... Looking at it now, I think at the very least I'm lacking exposure of the bike and myself.

Could possibly have done with a brighter background behind the bike... Do you think dropping the camera angle to give the sky as complete backdrop for the sky could have helped?

Just realised, I pretty much described what I did in the second photo.... Haha

Go for it :) the shot was just for a Facebook profile pic, so feel free to pay with it how you please

*play

Well i have had a play in light room even tho it is a jpg image i have had a play with auto tone and the tone curve and come up with this. To me i think it is better but there are other experts who may have a different view than i do.

9276595145_2f344b55ab_k-1 by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

I also had Another tweek as i thought i could do a bit better...... and this is what i got.

9276595145_2f344b55ab_k-1-2 by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes, maybe you're right... Looking at it now, I think at the very least I'm lacking exposure of the bike and myself.

Could possibly have done with a brighter background behind the bike... Do you think dropping the camera angle to give the sky as complete backdrop for the sky could have helped?

I have to disagree with this. The first does not initially look correct as you and the bike are exposed very well against a nicely exposed and saturated sky, just does not look natural. Almost like an HDR and a lot of people can't stand that kind of look. But when you take it for what it is and what you have done, it is excellent. I would not say you are underexposed in anyway and if you increased exposure on yourself and the bike it would look over the top, IMO.

On the contrary, if anything, #2 is slightly underexposed as a whole. It conveys quite a dull light considering there is plenty of blue patches in the sky, and also there is a little too much tarmac at the bottom I think.

EDIT: Oops missed last post, but proved my point for me Mandy, sorry to say; the bike and biker now look way over the top and the sky has lost something ?

Last edited:
Thanks Mandy, I agree with the above though, now it is too over exposed in your edit, but great job for trying it! Not sure what you did to the second one, but looks very dull!

Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it's the surreal look of the photo that makes it not quite right... Ah well, at least I'm getting the exposure balanced then!

Will have to try it with a different backdrop. Admittedly I'm only just getting in to off camera flash work and have a hell of a long way to go.

I'm going to try and brighten the second one up later... On the iPad at the mo so will jump on the mac later.

I like the low level of the cropped shot, but the tyre mark draws the eye.

Yeah I thought that about the tyre. Wasn't sure if it kind of help set the scene.

The re edit of #2 is great!

I also thought the tyre mark was a distraction, but it does sort of set the scene and I can't decide if it should be there or not for best effect :shrug:

Back