Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
As usual I welcome all feedback regarding these couple of shots:

Img_9435s.jpg

Img_9425s.jpg

Kind regards

Kris

I'm not really a flower man myself but I do love the top pic but I just wonder if theres too much black in the shot and it distracts the attention from the sunset itself ?

Unlike GSVjase I think the sunset picture is spot on. Depending on your mood it could be taken as dark and moody or as a peaceful and tranquil place. The small amount of shoreline and broken reflections from the sun on sea add to this well balanced and beautifully exposed photograph. Nicely framed also [smilie=t:

The flower is not my cup of tea though; I find the depth of field used to be distracting rather than adding to the overall enjoyment. Virtually all of the petal in front and most of the one to the front left are out of focus which wouldn’t be a problem if the centre (stamen) was pin sharp. Your eyes are led to the centre but only the top of the stamen is in focus. Sorry but that’s how I see it and judging from your other work (not just shown here) this shot is a long way from your best.

i like the first, its quiet dramatic! the second is ok, but as Steve says, you have far better!

Back