Couple of reflective ones from Blea Tarn

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
A couple of pleasant scenes from one of the few decent camera days we've had lately, and a nice break from the incessant rain. Was pleased to get the pano for the shop as punters seem to go mad for panoramics (I guess they fill wall space well)

I have another with really frosty grass which I'm still working on which is probably the keeper from the morning which I might add to this:

Blea Tarn by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Classic Blea Tarn by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

A couple of nice shots.
I expect you will do well with the pano.

incredible Stuart, hope the shop is doing well too. look forward to seeing the frosty one.
Cheers Mick

No 1 is great. Panoramic format really works well - it's certainly how I see landscapes. The trees on the lhs are a bit of a distraction if you look hard. Maybe you could crop out the brightly lit trunks and leave the others?
Aye true enough - was aware of them cutting in a bit and the verticals could probably do with a bit of tlc in Photoshop - it's already about +8 verticals on lightroom to offset the distortion a bit but could stand a little more work which I'll probably do. The original frame they've got a bit more breathing space

Love the first, prob the best pano reflection shot I've seen on here!
Cheers pal

2 Fabulous images. I'm struggling to pick a winner. I think I just about prefer the 2nd with the foreground interest. The rocks create a lovely balanced image.
The bottom line is I'd have either of those hung on my wall.

Given the positive comments above I have looked at these large on flickr and on two different monitors but for me the second feels a little over sharpened, I find the line between the sky and the land too distinct, particularly at the left hand side but may be I'm being too picky, sorry.

Given the positive comments above I have looked at these large on flickr and on two different monitors but for me the second feels a little over sharpened, I find the line between the sky and the land too distinct, particularly at the left hand side but may be I'm being too picky, sorry.
Lol no need to apologise mate - I think you might be right with the 2nd, been trying the Nik sharpener tools and found the output sharpener can be a bit aggressive, I think with the pano I just used the pre-sharpener which seems to do a better job than lightroom

Last edited:
Both look great, lots of pictures from here but these have to be among the best. I can see the point about cropping out the group of trees on the left edge of number 1 but personal preference

Superb shots

Makes me want to visit more but every time I go it’s windy

I will persevere though lol

Back