Couple of shots from the weekend.

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Took this with 800mm Hand held.
Its not as sharp as it would have been if the tripod was used, I didn't have much time to grab the shot.

European Buzzard
L_CRW_5947_Buzz_02.sized.jpg

Located some of these in a pond I used to fish in when I was a kid.
Its a difficult location to get close to the water, with its steep banks. It was also quite dark so I had to use the flash.
Aperture priority was no good as the toads were going up and down in the water, so had to use shutter priority.
Taken with 100-400

Common Toad
L_CRW_6009_frg_01.sized.jpg

L_CRW_5995_frg_01.sized.jpg

All make good record shots but thats about it. Will try again next weekend, I'll be more prepared as long as I get decent light.

Hello Dave,
The buzzard was one of 6 flying over Manley near Frodsham, the Toads are in a pond at Norton Priory Runcorn.

lots of toad rumpy-pumpy going on at the moment, must be spring, lol

Nice shots matt, i really like the buzzard..

jewel said:
What's with all the pictures of animals mating guys?lol :p
Jewel.
I think Spring is in the air Jewel! :wink:

"I think spring is in the air Jewel :wink: "

Yes spring has sprung apparently CT,lol. Spring is finally showing some signs over here. It's still only 5 degrees but it's better than 20 below. The snow is finally melting and going away. I still don't see any frogs or bunnies bumping uglies over here though,lol. :shock:
Jewel

jewel said:
Spring is finally showing some signs over here. It's still only 5 degrees but it's better than 20 below. The snow is finally melting and going away.

I don’t know how you cope with those temperatures on a regular basis, us Brits don’t know when we are born ;)

jewel said:
I still don't see any frogs or bunnies bumping uglies over here though,lol. :shock:

You are looking in the wrong places Jewel. You can rely on a man finding something copulating :D

Back