COVID snapshots

Edit My Images
Yes
The only good thing about the COVID-19 lockdown is the very slightly more time I have (working from either home or the office 4-6 days out of every 8) to shoot, develop and scan. I'm loving the look that I get out of my Certo Six - it was a step learning curve with this camera, but I'm now happy to expose FP4+ at EI200, then do a standard ISO125 dev. These were done in Ilford Ilfotec HC - I can't get my chemicals temperature down too easily (I'm cheap and refuse to drop the Aircon any lower than 24°C except when we're sleeping!) so the times are quite quick... I've just finished up some Microphen and quite enjoyed the longer Dev times - I'm tempted by since more powder when I finish the litre of HC... I'll report back in 6 months or so!

Morning sunshine by Alex Morrison, on Flickr

Evening sunshine by Alex Morrison, on Flickr

Essential exercise by Alex Morrison, on Flickr

Last edited:
Why don't you stand your pot of developer in a 'fridge with the Themometer in it then you can process at 20oC as I do .

Processed some film today with water from the fridge, left out for a couple of hours - even then had to microwave it to get it up to 20°!

Back