Crab for Lunch (Otter)

The first one is always special.

I spend each October over at Mull / Sunart and never tire of watching them when I'm fishing. Couple of weeks till I'm back.:)

That's a lovely shot and you've got some good light there - sadly my best photo opportunities have always been long after dusk.

Last edited:
Reactions: riu
Thats a lovely shot, im very jealous.

I would advise people to look at this in Flickr though, as the upload to the forum has caused it to look Waaaaaay over sharpened, which it doesnt in flickr (y)

Thanks for the comments, and Nikon_Nick for pointing out that Flickr does this picture more justice than on TP. This was an amazing experience. and one that I hope to repeat in the very near future.

Wonderful shot Steve - we're back up to Mull next weekend - I am now nearly delirious with ottery excitement!!!!

cheers, cw
I am very envious Chris !!!! such a magical place. Managed Otters and Sea Eagles, also saw a pair of Hen Harriers and many Golden eagles.

Lovely shot (y)

Amy and I just arrived up in the Argyll area this morning for a week of relaxing and photography. Staying in Colintraive near Dunoon but quite expect to be getting about a bit, I love this area but it's the first time I've been here since being seriously into photography so really got my fingers crossed for some good opportunities.

Last edited:
Great shot Steve I was on mull two weeks ago only got one sighting of the otters this time .plenty of golden and sea eagles about will be back next year

Great shot Steve I was on mull two weeks ago only got one sighting of the otters this time .plenty of golden and sea eagles about will be back next year

First time on the island, but not the last. Dropped on this Otter on three separate occasions, but at different parts of the Loch.

Back