Crab Spiders + others

Nice set of images Neil, with some good comp', and fine detail.(y)

George.

Your images, your processing, your steady hands all make really super shots, these all POP and are tack sharp and are all really superb so they are all favs of mine.
Excellent work Neil. (y)

Amazing set of images, images like these make me want to go and try a macro lens!!

Matt
Thanks Matt, you should def give it a go!

Nice set of images Neil, with some good comp', and fine detail.(y)

George.
Thanks George

Your images, your processing, your steady hands all make really super shots, these all POP and are tack sharp and are all really superb so they are all favs of mine.
Excellent work Neil. (y)
Cheers Graham, really appreciate it mate. :)

Excellent Neil really like the third one and the new shot you added is wonderful great portrait

Fantastic stuff Neil. The subjects are super sharp, beautiful compositions but I love your silky smooth and colourful backgrounds. I'm guessing you do some form of split toning in your processing?

Bang on Neil, top draw stuff, excellent lighting and focus well done :plus1::plus1: :clap:

:exit:
Thanks Tony

Brilliant shots there. Number 1 probably my favourite, but what on earth is number 4?
Thanks Ian, no4 is a flower beetle

All superb mate tones / detail / composition all top notch

:D

The Bee is just fricking awesome (y)
Cheers mate, 4 was a manual 3 shot stack in PS.

Fantastic stuff Neil. The subjects are super sharp, beautiful compositions but I love your silky smooth and colourful backgrounds. I'm guessing you do some form of split toning in your processing?
Cheers mate :) all the processing is now done in RAW, I generally use a mixture of exposure and colour gradients and radial gradients. For example with this one I brought out the pink colouring with radial gradients filled with a light pink and added saturation.

Cheers mate :) all the processing is now done in RAW, I generally use a mixture of exposure and colour gradients and radial gradients. For example with this one I brought out the pink colouring with radial gradients filled with a light pink and added saturation.

Interesting. How are you adding colour to the filters? I use Lightroom for my RAW edits and I haven't come across such an option. Do you use an alternate product or are you changing the colour balance sliders to make it "pink"?

Interesting. How are you adding colour to the filters? I use Lightroom for my RAW edits and I haven't come across such an option. Do you use an alternate product or are you changing the colour balance sliders to make it "pink"?
Not tried it on LR but think it's the same. If you click on the gradient features you can obviously change exposure/contrast etc etc. There should also be a little colour box which will be in white, click on it and you can change the colour, best thing to do is just have a play mate, if you can't find it give me a shout and I will have a look when I get home.

Ah of course! I've not really used that feature much, and didn't even notice it on the filter tabs. I did think that if you can do it in ACR you can do it in Lightroom (they are pretty much the same product, just packaged differently as I understand it).

Thanks both!
It's really easy Tim, it's more about how you see and want to develop the shot.

Back