Critique Crai Reservoir

Eddy, I hope you don't mind me saying so but although it's not a bad photo, I don't think it suits mono so much as colour, and the framing + caption just kills it off.

Sorry feller. :oops: :$

Eddy, I hope you don't mind me saying so but although it's not a bad photo, I don't think it suits mono so much as colour, and the framing + caption just kills it off.

Sorry feller. :oops: :$

I have to agree. Basically, the attention always goes to the brightest and most contrasty areas; it's great if these are the areas of interest. Here it is the caption and the bushes covered in snow. The rest is 2nd plan. Generally I would leave captions and borders off and when actually framing make them complimentary or less dominant

Colour may be a good shout as long as the sky is blue and not grey, which I suspect it is due to lack of light on the hills in the distance.

I think there's a lot more wiggle room in that version: fix the colour cast, carefully adjust exposure, tone & B/W points, maybe crop 10% or so off the bottom - it won't be super dramatic, but would be a nice image.

Back