Crane fly fairly close up

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I finally got around to giving the MP-E65 and MT-24EX a try, have to say i'm quite impressed with it, I can see this has potential :D.
Thought I would post this one up, it's the best of a bad bunch again, it's going to take a lot of getting use to, and I think I should have moved the flash heads around slightly instead of pointing down, that would have improved the shot quite a bit I reckon.
1469500414_32e56107d1_o.jpg

my god, what a great shot of a hideus beast, no wonder i keep treading on the bleeders.

Awesome shot! :puke:

Nice shot scraggs, wish I could afford one;)

Thanks for the comments everyone, I was quite pleased with it being fairly sharp.

Nice shot Keith (y), still hav'nt got to grips with mine.

They certainly do take a lot of getting use to, one slight move and you lose focus, I have also found the flash can be a bit of a pain getting in the way but the light it gives is superb, just waiting for the Stofen diffusers to arrive.

Nice shot scraggs, wish I could afford one;)

Start saving, this was at 3x so plenty to go as yet :)

Excellent shot! (y) Try positioning the flash heads one high and one low. If you reduce the power on the lower one, it reduces the rather flat look while still giving fill underneath.

Well - when it works it does anyway. :D

WOW

thats all i can say:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the comments, i'm very pleased I finally took the plunge and bought it.

Excellent shot! (y) Try positioning the flash heads one high and one low. If you reduce the power on the lower one, it reduces the rather flat look while still giving fill underneath.

Thanks for that, all advise very welcome, I did have them either side but moved them to get a shot of a spider near the ceiling and forgot to put them back :wacky:

That would appear to be the secret....a 4:1 ratio should be about right.

Excellent shot though. With the onset of winter, I expect the MP-E's will be coming out of the closet for the indoor stuff.

Bob

Back