Crank & Tilt Parasol question

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably a dumb one but searching on google was no help.

Received a tilt & crank parasol today from homebase (and no, I do not feel like spending 30 minutes on hold to them to ask unless i really need to, and their customer service online is slow!). Wind the handle and the parasol opens up. But reverse that and you need to pull it closed? I was thinking it would work both ways - was wrong on my expectation?

It says in the description "Easy tilt operation, hand-crank lift" so does that mean its one way?

I have a Homebase parasol that goes up when you wind the handle and comes down by winding the handle in reverse.

The tilt mechanism requires a button pressing and is hand operated.

If it's just a bit stiff, it might just be that it needs to be run in before it operates smoothly. A small squirt of a plastic safe lubricant might make it close automatically when the crank's turned the other way.

Are you trying to put it down while it is tilted?

Ours drops down by itself when you crank it down, it’s not a Homebase model though. As above it’s probably just stiff because it’s new... a squirt of WD40 or a dab of Vaseline might sort it.

Probably a dumb one but searching on google was no help.

Received a tilt & crank parasol today from homebase (and no, I do not feel like spending 30 minutes on hold to them to ask unless i really need to, and their customer service online is slow!). Wind the handle and the parasol opens up. But reverse that and you need to pull it closed? I was thinking it would work both ways - was wrong on my expectation?

It says in the description "Easy tilt operation, hand-crank lift" so does that mean its one way?

I bought what I guess is the same parasol from Homebase last weekend. The parasol opens and closes easily with the handle. It never needs additional pulling. I guess, sadly yours is faulty and needs a return

I know Homebase are special but in 25 years of selling furniture I have never had a crank up parasol that doesnt lower when you unwind. Its usually the other way round in that they wont open because the cord has jumped the pully or become detached from the crank. Its usually just paracord so it would need to be unwound to release the tension.

Back