Creise And The Cauldron.

Best composition of it I have ever seen and this is easily in my view the best ever picture taken here by a country mile.
A shot I would be more than proud to call my own.

Steve, thank you! I wish there was a humble smiley.

Cheers Martin.

Can't believe that FB post was Friday, with my camera (and me) precariously perched on the falls. Friday? It's now Monday, how did that happen?

Been looking at this again - love the shot but I now know why I didn't go out that day...wind..

The small tree is all blurred due to movement in the exposure - you cannot really tell on this res but you can see it on Flickr. It's a feature of shooting windy days and another reason why I don't as all sorts of things you don't intend on moving, end up moving and blurring in the shot.

Still, light and composition, season and lighting are all 10/10.

Been looking at this again - love the shot but I now know why I didn't go out that day...wind..

The small tree is all blurred due to movement in the exposure - you cannot really tell on this res but you can see it on Flickr. It's a feature of shooting windy days and another reason why I don't as all sorts of things you don't intend on moving, end up moving and blurring in the shot.

Still, light and composition, season and lighting are all 10/10.

Yes, I noticed that too late. It will be gone soon when I get around to it.

That tree spooked me now and again, I kept thinking it was a deer, there were a few about and I almost hit a few on my approach through the moor.

Nice shot Dale

I know I hate removal of objects but here it makes sense. Or you could have taken two shots - one fast enough to freeze motion then one for the water then layered them.

I think it had to go, once seen, couldn't be unseen. (y)

Back