Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
AD9I2690_zpsgwquxqyl.jpg

AD9I2764_zpsjcay7gpy.jpg

AD9I2953_zpsoghzdjzp.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent subject, and really superb images. I know "really superb" isn't at all helpful in a critique forum, but they are :) If pushed I would suggest perhaps a touch more aperture on the third. The eye is sharp, but the beak and crest are already getting out of DOF (or perhaps slow shutter and they moved?). But first and second, no nits to pick - even the wispy moss is iconic of those forests.

Great images, and thanks for sharing those - you must have enjoyed the time there.

Well done Mark, lovely to see captures of these little bird, #3 is very appealing being framed by the tree.

Nice set Mark,
If you are planning on photographing them in the Aviemore/Cairngorm area i would say wait a little, really wet and sleat the last couple of days but snow on its way they say, turning colder in the next few days they say.
Cheers Gordon.

Nice set Mark,
If you are planning on photographing them in the Aviemore/Cairngorm area i would say wait a little, really wet and sleat the last couple of days but snow on its way they say, turning colder in the next few days they say.
Cheers Gordon.

Yeah Gordon, I'm waiting and waiting for a real cold spell before i head up. I have been watching weather reports for ages..

Nice set Mark,
Cheers Gordon.

Got back from Cairngorms last night, arrived Tues to lots of snow but only lasted a day. Was hoping for these and Squirrel in snow on the lowlands but went up high on Weds but nothing doing as the wind was too strong, then the snow melted on the lowlands so got all my timings wrong, ha ho that's wildlife n nature.

Hi Markyboy,
Plenty time yet for Cresties, snowing now as i look out the window but not forecast to come to much, i have been out and about in the forests since arriving home from the Grizzlies in BC, i'm sure we will get plenty snow soon, be good for the Ptarmigan and Red Grouse too.
Cheers Gordon.

Well if the weathers good they should be easy, more Mountain Hares the last few years, managed an image with the two together, the Ptarmigan looking at the Hare as it sat beside him, might be snow bunting in the car park, anyway better go, don't want to hijack the thread.
Cheers Gordon.

super set

Brilliant Mark :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Only one thing wrong with these........................................ They are not mine :rolleyes: love number 3

Lovely shots, pose in 3rd is very nice (y)

Back