Crete

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Uncomplicated and honest, at a guess!

Where on Crete were you? We've just got back from a(nother) fortnight just West of Chania and are heading back in late August/early September. Not looked at the photos yet let alone processed any that need it!

Uncomplicated and honest, at a guess!

Where on Crete were you? We've just got back from a(nother) fortnight just West of Chania and are heading back in late August/early September. Not looked at the photos yet let alone processed any that need it!

Ill take that! :)

We stayed just next to Hersonissos, up the hillside from the coast, some fantastic little villages up there, way other side of the island to Chania so maybe a bit far for a trip over :confused: Endless things to snap where we were and im sure same for you :D

Ill take that! :)

We stayed just next to Hersonissos, up the hillside from the coast, some fantastic little villages up there, way other side of the island to Chania so maybe a bit far for a trip over :confused: Endless things to snap where we were and im sure same for you :D

Koutouloufari, I thought I recognised it, we've stayed at Sunrise Apartments three times. I fell in love with Crete when we first stayed at the Belvedere in Hersonnissos in 1985. Wonderful place.
This year we had a change and are doing some island hopping. Flew into Santorini, went to Ios, Naxos and back to Santorini for our flight home tonight.

Earthy refers to the subjects rather than any techniques etc.

Subjects are "earthy" only adjective that comes to mind at the moment.

Take it as a compliment, not a criticism! Love the shutters and the flower pots in particular. :))

Koutouloufari, I thought I recognised it, we've stayed at Sunrise Apartments three times. I fell in love with Crete when we first stayed at the Belvedere in Hersonnissos in 1985. Wonderful place.
This year we had a change and are doing some island hopping. Flew into Santorini, went to Ios, Naxos and back to Santorini for our flight home tonight.

Yes that's the place! Very nice village! We stayed in the Belvedere (not my choice, would of much preferred a simple apartment in a village)

Always fancied santorini and Mykonos, might have to check them off the list sometime :)

Earthy refers to the subjects rather than any techniques etc.

Subjects are "earthy" only adjective that comes to mind at the moment.

Take it as a compliment, not a criticism! Love the shutters and the flower pots in particular. :))

Thanks! Could of spent a lot more time taking pics but with the gf in tow i had to take my chances when I could! :D

Last edited:
35542882635_4acca273f1_c.jpg

??? hell yours is more like i thought i was making mine....:(

My quick attempt :), doesnt look great diplayed on this forum, not much better on Flickr, maybe too much white in the pic and the light wasnt the best...or its just my conversion thats pants! :D

your conversion now has a greater feel of age

pants copy by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i did my b>w on silver efex...lowered brightness, raised contrast and structure..fiddled a bit and left out my burn and dodge stuff and olde worlde tone play
didnt clone out the meter and cable...its there so its there...and its probably as old as the house..:D
cheers
geof

Last edited:
I like the first and especially the fourth, the blue door with the flowers. No need to clone out the cable and meter. They are just more detail in the image. Converting it to B & W seems pointless to me as the original color image is so pleasing. On the people shots I find myself taking a lot of shots of people walking or facing away too in street situations but the images are never as interesting as seeing the front of the person.

Back