Crib Goch

Bravo!
…and your dramatic rendition would be good if there was not a PP halo between
sky and mountain top… good reflex and catch!

"Excellent" bit of work once again Kevin, great detail in the shadows & highlights with good composition and great light.(y)

George.

Bravo!
…and your dramatic rendition would be good if there was not a PP halo between
sky and mountain top… good reflex and catch!

Can't see a halo here. :thinking:
Love the image myself, nice one!

Love the image myself, nice one!

I like this a lot too but for me the shadows are just a little too dark. If you view on Flickr and zoom in there is a pretty obvious halo which I'm sure can be fixed. I think Kodiak is a pixel peeper hee hee :p

I like this a lot too but for me the shadows are just a little too dark. If you view on Flickr and zoom in there is a pretty obvious halo which I'm sure can be fixed. I think Kodiak is a pixel peeper hee hee :p
Probably!

It portrays just how this mountain is the few times I have walked it!

Last edited:
It portrays just how this mountain is the few times I have walked it!

I live a few miles away from this scene and have walked it numerous times so I concur! It so often feels like this and I love it when it does.

Kevin's done a great job in getting that atmosphere nailed :)

You may want to enlarge your browser window to see better.

Crib%20Goch%20red.jpg

Why what?
Why you may want to enlarge your browser window to see better?
Because you wrote you can't see it. Now you can.

I repeat, why would I want to enlarge it?
I am looking at the image as it was presented, it looks fine, no halo.
enlarging it does not make me see it better!

Ok, you're right.

… /

Last edited:
Thanks all for your feedback I know this happens when sharing on the web my original file is around 6mb and dies not have the halo, and I'm confident that will be the case when the print arrives in post, wish me luck just about to set off for summit of glyder fawr

Thanks all for your feedback I know this happens when sharing on the web my original file is around 6mb and dies not have the halo, and I'm confident that will be the case when the print arrives in post, wish me luck just about to set off for summit of glyder fawr
Enjoy Kev! Weather looking good for you too! Wish I was with you.

Great atmosphere well captured and presented Kevin.

If you view on Flickr and zoom in there is a pretty obvious halo which I'm sure can be fixed. I think Kodiak is a pixel peeper hee hee :p

Thanks for the integrity and openness!

I have been following this discussion and would like to just add that on this size jpeg, I can see a halo right and left as well. I was afaid i was seeing things, and went to Flickr to validate, and there is still a halo. Maybe Kodiak was pixel peeping, but even one pixel does make a difference...

Marie

Nice shot Kev. Not bothered by the halo.

Lovely image Kevin, although not to your usual high standards! There is a halo on the mountain and is more apparent on flickr, and I also find it too dark in the shadows. I didn't want to crit yesterday morning when i saw it first as I thought it might of just been my eyes deceiving me or it could of been my monitor!

So your at 2 of my favourite places Kev, the Glyders and Crib Goch, cracking have a great day mate(y)

Lovely shot, special light as always, there's just something magical about the place, you cant help but go back. Nice work with the grab shot you did very well, that sort of light is there and gone in a flash isn't it. Processing is perfect for me that's "JUST" the way it is. Really enjoyed viewing this(y)

Last edited:
I too have been following this thread and I confirm that I am able to see what appears to be a halo. Now, if it is a halo it is easily removed but I have seen what appears to be a halo in other images which could not be removed. Is it possible that it is an optical illusion?

I like it, Kev. Very moody and forboding with just a lick of light offering a glimmer of hope!

Thanks all I have just got back down from last night it was a fantastic night under the stars and temp only dropped to 7'c and no wind so very comfortable, never got the shot I'm chasing as the mist didn't roll in from the East weather forecast was promising yesterday, ps halo does not appear on my file when viewed on PC at 100% and I don't upload my original/full size to Flickr, one thing I do notice is after uploading to Flickr images become a lot softer and I usually end up using there editing tool and re sharpen so need to go easy on the slider, cheers all for your input much appreciated.

Lovely image Kevin..but it does have a halo, looks like you've gone round the edge of the mountain with a white felt tip pen!

Robin

No I go round the mountains in a size of 8.5 you should try it yourself Robin from time to time! And post images on here, I tell you what and this is not just pointing the stick at you Robin, all those that have commented about this f*****g halo please post a landscape image you have taken in the last 28day and dint f*****g ask why 28days ball park "out"

No I go round the mountains in a size of 8.5 you should try it yourself Robin from time to time! And post images on here, I tell you what and this is not just pointing the stick at you Robin, all those that have commented about this f*****g halo please post a landscape image you have taken in the last 28day and dint f*****g ask why 28days ball park "out"
Hey Kevin, I meant nothing by my comment, it is what it is! I love your work

Robin

Robin fellow member I know and please don't take this personal, so have you been out with camera in the landscape recently? The felt tip pen comment was across the line IMO have you read the whole thread I have given my reasons for this

Last edited:
Robin fellow member I know and please don't take this personal, so have you been out with camera in the landscape recently? The felt tip pen comment was across the line IMO have you read the whole thread I have given my reasons for this
Yes I have to both questions..sorry you feel that way, we'll leave it that

Robin

I know Nick has been out because he has shared images, this WEEK, anyone else care to share or are we just GOING TO LEAVE IT AT THAT

I've been out and shared on here recently, not sure what thats got to do with this thread though. I personally always praise your photographs and comment whenever I see them, I totally understand why you have the haloing on this now due to flickr sharpening.

Thanks for reply Neil indeed you have big fan of your work, It does have something to do with thread because I have not seen recent work from posters in this thread, apart from you and Nick incase you already didn't realise I'm not a big fan of pixel peepers. Only so much one can take this thread is ending my life lol

Last edited:
Thanks for reply Neil indeed you have big fan of your work, It does have something to do with thread because I have not seen recent work from posters in this thread, incase you already didn't realise not a big fan of pixel peepers. Only so much one can take Neil this thread is ending my life lol
Ah don't worry about it, always gonna get a few jealous people on the forums, it wouldn't be any fun without them ;)

Keep up the good work fella!

I know where I want to go with my landscape photography that's for sure I was rubbing my hand together keeping them warm last night waiting for sunrise and before I press the shutter not a f*****g keyboard, so come on all let's see your images from this month I for one know if I have not been out with camera in that time there is is problem, and if you haven't then maybe thread change new hobby etc

Last edited:
Back