critique required!

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
world2.jpg

the theme was The Modern World, this did p*** poor in the competition and i want to know why so i can do better, so comments and critiques welcome

I don't know. It did even worse than me!

It's framed very tightly, it's maybe a little too literal.

Technically as a photo of a globe goes it's hard to fault and maybe thats the problem: a little too simple.

Mine did pretty awful too and i'm more than a little disappointed :(

possibly Mr Edge....it could be too simple, im surprised at the scores yours got too!

i think it might be a little uninspired m8,

good composition and exposure, but a little boring possibly ???

it all i can think of i'm afraid buddy

MyPix :(

composition adn exposure = technical dont it, i got a poor technical score

ahh well, i suppose i will have to do better next time!

Only thing I'd say is that it seems a little 2-dimensional for a 3D subject. I think we're just getting used to new judges, I thought my theme was solid enough but it got marked well down.

Ah well, onwards and upwards :)

dod said:
Only thing I'd say is that it seems a little 2-dimensional for a 3D subject. I think we're just getting used to new judges, I thought my theme was solid enough but it got marked well down.

Ah well, onwards and upwards :)

yeah your right, i will be over it soon, lol..

roll on round 2, try again...

As said before, technically it is a very good photo, but that is not obvious to see from looking at the photo, and there is almost a lack of depth to it, in that there is a globe yes, but it is not plain what this is supposed to signify. It looks like a shot that you would take for stock, not an out there type photo to be taken for a competition. Actually, thinking of it, you could probably say the same about mine, which leads me nicely onto:

timeocuk2.jpg

I put this up for the same competition, and although it didn't do all that badly, it didn't do as well as I did in the first competition that I entered, which I thought was a weaker photo.

Can I have some critiques from you kind people please?

Kimmett

ps. sorry for posting this in the same thread, but I thought it would then keep everything in the one thread.

Ahh that is what you are sulking about.

Hmm it is a bit flat Matt :(

Maybe you could have had the globe spinning slowly on a longer exposure.

spinning slowly is going to be done tonight, im ok now, ive had some sleep!

Kimmet its a nice image, for me personally i would like to see the dates near the watech face and the watch itself more sharply, otherwise its ok. I tried to be a bit different in my interpretation of the theme for Modern World, but clearly it didnt fly as well as i thought it would..

Never mind though, TerraS is here now, so lets throw rotting tomatoes at him instead!! (only joking of course, tough job judging.....)

Matt, I dont believe that I'm experienced enough to critique this image, but one thing that comes to mind, is that there should be either some light on the stand, or loose the brace around the globe all together. The idea of slow exposure and spinning it sounds cool though. maybe with some torch light in select area's ?

Kris any opinion is welcomed!

i await darkness....

Back