Beginner Critisism please...

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure which section this should be in so I dropped it here. I spotted this whilst driving home tonight and it kind of appealed to me so I tried to capture the moment. Any comments?View attachment 40917

I'm not too sure what you saw Steve, but unfortunately the shot does nothing for me.

Since you asked for crit, I am left wondering what is it a photo of? A mobile phone mast? A sunset? Something to do with the juxtaposition of the man-made mast against the colours of the sky? I think you need to decide what the subject is and make that the main element of the photo. For me there is not enough variation in the sky for a good sunset shot, it needs clouds or something and I think the foreground is too dark. If the mast is a main element it needs to be highlighted in some way and needs to be brighter/more detailed

I can see that you were no doubt hoping for a beautiful sunset with the silhouette in the foreground (?) however I think there is too much dead space in the shot and as mentioned above quite boring. I can totally see the intent behind the shot but unfortunately it hasnt worked in this shot (IMHO). Keep it up though and dont be downhearted by the criticism, it can defintately give you a better perspective on your skills and help you strive to become better. ) No doubt you will findf a shot which yields the results you desire :)

Regards
Paul

Thanks guys - its appreciated. Paul, I think you've read my mind. I know I'm not very good but I'm hoping that by posting here and reading your criticism I can get to understand why and improve. I'm taking it all on board. :)

Thanks again, all.

Steve

Back