B&W Crummock Water

What a lovely, gentle, landscape, beautifully rendered in suitably muted and subtle tones. A triumph IMO.

What a fab shot, the trees well framed by the mountain slopes and a lovely sky too. Very tastefully converted into mono.

I'd personally prefer a few more blacks instead of greys, but the composition is lovely and centering the copse works well here.

That is very good indeed, very good (y)

BELTA !
Great observation and capture.
Well positioned to get the arc of the trees and no overlap into the background.
Excellent PP in producing a rich, sublime range of tones.
A definite wall-hanger

Great shot Simon, with good comp', detail & sky. Agree with Ruth though about needing some more blacks.(y)

George.

What a lovely, gentle, landscape, beautifully rendered in suitably muted and subtle tones. A triumph IMO.

What a fab shot, the trees well framed by the mountain slopes and a lovely sky too. Very tastefully converted into mono.

Thank you. Crummock Water offers a lot of choice to the photographer, and I must get back over there soon :)

I'd personally prefer a few more blacks instead of greys, but the composition is lovely and centering the copse works well here.

Thanks Ruth. I'll go back and have a look at boosting the blacks.

That is very good indeed, very good (y)

BELTA !
Great observation and capture.
Well positioned to get the arc of the trees and no overlap into the background.
Excellent PP in producing a rich, sublime range of tones.
A definite wall-hanger

Great shot Simon, with good comp', detail & sky. Agree with Ruth though about needing some more blacks.(y)

George.

Nice choice of focal length, very natural looking and has a painterly quality to it which I like a lot!!

Matt

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments and feedback!

Cheers,

Simon.

Last edited:
Trees sit nicely in the foreground edged comfortably with the mountains, tones seem excellent though some blacks across it would perhaps define it a bit more.
Really lends it self in monotone.
GEORGE.

A little more contrast, maybe, but I like it. I didn't realise there were 4 trees until I went there recently.

When I went the sky was pure blue with zero clouds :(

Cheers.

Back