Crummock Water

Nothing wrong there at all. Ideally the reflection wouldn't be broken at the top of the lake but its not your fault. The composition minimises that ripple that would have my "outrage" meter at 11. Stunning composition and light and a lovely summer mood to this. Love it. One of the best lake district images I have seen.

Classic English landscape. You should be very proud of this one.

Nothing wrong there at all. Ideally the reflection wouldn't be broken at the top of the lake but its not your fault. The composition minimises that ripple that would have my "outrage" meter at 11. Stunning composition and light and a lovely summer mood to this. Love it. One of the best lake district images I have seen.

Thanks Steve :). You're feedback and critique means a lot.

Simon.

I can only underline Steve's comments Simon, "Excellent" bit of work in my book.(y)

George.

I think you have nailed it Simon , what a beautiful image.. excellent colours and tones..
skin so soft keeps the midgies away that what I use..

I think I stood in the same spot the day before :) no midges for me, thought :)

Works well, I was put off by the container so didn't bother.

Works well. Nice detail and decent light.

Cheers.

As mentioned above,one of the best Lake District images I've seen for a while!
Well worth enduring the midgies for........Superb!!
Cheers

Very nice Simon

Cheers Alf :)

I think you have nailed it Simon , what a beautiful image.. excellent colours and tones..
skin so soft keeps the midgies away that what I use..

Thanks for the kind words about my photograph and the pointer on midge repellent :)

I think I stood in the same spot the day before :) no midges for me, thought :)

Works well, I was put off by the container so didn't bother.

Works well. Nice detail and decent light.

Cheers.

You were lucky if you had no midgies! They were legion when I was there. There were two containers in the boat. One I fished out with the legs of my tripod (putting it back in once I'd taken my photo), but I couldn't get the one you see here with over topping my wellies. As I had another couple of hours of photography ahead of me, I didn't fancy squelching around for that length of time with wet feet and legs. I guess at the end of the day it was there and part of the scene but I'd have preferred it not to be.

As mentioned above,one of the best Lake District images I've seen for a while!
Well worth enduring the midgies for........Superb!!
Cheers

Thanks, glad you like it :).

Cheers,

Simon.

Rather beautiful. Who cares about the ripple, the light on it improves the picture in my view. Very well captured

Back