Crumpler 'Farmer's Double' olive/green

Edit My Images
No
I bought this Crumpler backpack the other day but when I got home I realised I'd been looking at their home site (they're an Aussie company) instead of their European site and on the Euro site they have two colourways I actually prefer. Plus it's £12 cheaper to get it from there. I called Jacobs, where I bought mine, to see if I could return it but they only accept returns on faulty items for shop-bought stuff (website is different but I bought in-store).

Still, I liked it enough to buy it at the time and it is still a very good backpack for photography. The thing I like most about Crumpler's backpacks is they function like a normal backpack as well as a photographic one, which no other bags I've seen seem to do.

Here's what it looks like. I do actually like this colour combo but ideally I wanted something more plain as I'll be wearing it pretty much every day and it's bound to clash a bit with some of the ludicrously bright sneaks I own.

crumpler01.jpg

The bottom bit has compartments with adjustable dividers to store cameras, lenses and accessories. The way it zips/unzips means you don't have to take the bag off, you can just take one arm out the loop, sling it round the front, unzip, grab your camera, zip and sling it back. Sounds like more hassle than it is.

crumpler02.jpg

The back bit is pretty well padded (although you can't really tell from this pic) and it's a joy to wear. Really easy on your back.

crumpler03.jpg

The top bit is like a normal backpack and has a laptop pounch (not that I have a laptop) with papers sleeve in front. Then plenty of space inside for a waterproof, bottle of water etc.

crumpler04.jpg

The lighter green bits on the front are both zip-up pouches too, but they aren't that big. Still handy though. All-in-all I'm happy. Just feel a dunce for not seeing the Euro website until it was too late. Would've liked the charcoal/orange one ideally. Ah well.

Is that the one with the very dodgy videos on it? The ones showing you how cool they are but juuuust losing it slightly lol!

No chance, I just tried to find it but got sooooo chuffed off with the website that I gave up.
:(

Yeah their websites royally suck. I dread to think how much they paid for them.

"Hey, is that the wacky web design company? Yes? Well we're called Crumpler and we're also a wacky, fun company. Can you make us a wacky website? ...Brilliant"

<two months later>

"Oh, err... It's kinda s***... Where's the contact button? ...Oh, right, I see... Well I guess we'll go with it. We're out of money now so... Y'know..."

Yeah I love my Crumpler bags too, I've got the Formal Lounge (basically the same as yours) and Brians Hottub for days when I take my Sigma 70-200 out and about.

Brian%27s-Hottub-open.jpg

The thing I like about them is the Crumpler bags don't look like photography bags from the outside - when I'm out and about with my laptop as well I've got the best part of 5 grand on my back....I like to stay inconspicuous if I can!

Ha hah hahahha, I've just got your sig! I assumed it was some witty remark that I didn't understand! heh heh heh

Back