Crystal ball and wool spin

Very well imagined and thought out shot, very nicely done.

Now that's a different spin on wool. Great image.

Like that, cool picture.

Great combination of subjects. Love that the sparks are contained in the globe.

Thanks a lot for the comments, it was only my second time using the globe. It can be a bit fiddly to line up and focus in the dark but it does give a different aspect to lightpainting :)

Nice variance to the wire wool style. I love doing wire wool spinning and have never thought of taking my crystal ball with me. Well seen and shot.

Yea I wasn't expecting much when I clicked on this post but that's definitely a novel take on the wire wool and the crystal ball genres, by combining them both. Giving me ideas now....

I really like this. There have been so many spinning wool / light shots over the years and all that seems to change is the location. It's nice to see a very different take on the subject. For me, it would be even better if the lines to the left and right of the ball were not there, leaving only the lines on the ball it would be even better. I guess they are a result of the technique though and would be hard to clone out.

I like this very much, so nice to see something different. Love it :)

Nice shot. Had to go off to YouTube to find out about the steel wool trick. I'm loving this forum, so so much info and new things to try.

Great image, I quite enjoy messing around with light paintings, often just use my phone light etc, that looks great love the colours!

I think it would have looked good if left with the image upside down as well. I love the way you can hold a crystal ball, take a pic and the image appears upside down in it.

Amazing idea!

Back