Beginner CRYSTAL BALL PHOTOGRAPHY

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure why I bought this and what I'm going to do with it. I saw a photo once and thought I liked the idea of it.
I've been out today and took this but its a bit "MEH".
Any ideas on what makes the best use of this? Apart from a paperweight. It was only £7 so nothing ventured....nothing gained.
DSC_0213 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

I really like the concept of the crystal ball but you're right, the end result does seem to be lacking something.

I was struggling for inspiration and ideas to improve on it (which I suspect is also why you haven't had any other replies) so I did a quick Google search for crystal ball photography.
The ones which really grab me all have something else in the frame to add some more interest or a point of reference - either a hand holding the crystal ball, wider framing to include the object that's being reflected or a more abstract composition with foreground interest around the crystal ball.

Plus I would rotate the statue so he is the right way up, may add to the composition (y)

Excellent set (y)

Hopefully the OP was warned by wherever he got the ball(s) from to NOT leave them in full sunlight. They can (and have) cause(d) fires due to being bloody great magnifiers!

Don't think OP is that bothered about comments or advice.
He's not been on here since very early last Friday and this thread is some three weeks old.

Why do we bother?

Don't think OP is that bothered about comments or advice.
He's not been on here since very early last Friday and this thread is some three weeks old.

Why do we bother?

I'm sorry, I thought I was allowed to go on holiday away from all internet access.
But it appears not!!

Anyway, as an infrequent (not measurable!) visitor, I am very happy with all comments, and as all things on the internet are there for ever more, I wont lose these precious moments of revisiting.
Thanks for the different photos. Did you flip the ball image or the main one?
I am a rank amateur so always learning and willing to take on board all comments.
But please don't rush me. I have a life outside of these forums.

Back