crystal clear

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
another go with the new lens ,took about 50 shots to get the effect I wanted though

illusion by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Nice image, looks a bit like an acrylic block that has been laser etched

Can I ask how you are lighting this?
Dave got the object in one indeed a a acrylic block laser etched .
lighting frank is a l.e.d photo block I bought from seven day shop a few years ago shining in from the right hand side with fill in bounced flash ,a black card placed behind gives the black background and also allows for cloning out of any double ghost images .just a bit of fun really due to lack of subject matter at this time of year .

Thanks Jeff. I' in the same boat as you. Sod all to photograph in this weather !!!!

Plenty of wildlife out there frank ,I was just looking to try out the macro lens as I only got it yesterday morning

I suffer from Nat's problem - a back that doesn't like carrying heavy gear so have largely given up on wildlife. Hence my curiosity about indoor projects. I bought a legacy macro lens as a toe in the water exercise. I'm trying to work out a set up for it.
Thanks for your help.

Update ..
due to the ludicrously low price I got the lens for I sent it off to sigma to be looked at .it came back yesterday and for slightly over a £100 they have replaced the a/f motor ,the image stabiliser and the outer barrel .and tested it up to spec .
So I now have basically what looks and performs like a brand new lens for half price .just need some subjects now

Back