Ct & Female Blackcap

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Blackcap is a bit of a crop, but good to see they are still about.

012_445_zpsgk1aumtd.jpg

031_444_zps1o8kpcyd.jpg

Last edited:
Two cracking shots and the branches frame them both very well.(y)

Dunno how I missed these Rich. Both lovely shots and well worthy of exhibition. Natural, well exposed and just the right level of pp imo. Too often it's the temptation to suck the life out of bird pictures in pp but you have managed to get the balance right in these.

I meant to ask. Have you plenty Blackcaps? I've only seen them up here on 3 occasions.

Cheers, I forgot all about them myself.Only seen the male once this year.I think Gramps and Bill seem to have them in more plentiful supply.

Missed these too, two nice examples ... haven't spotted the Blackcaps returning to my garden yet this year but there are a few about locally.

I know they are about, I'll just have to try harder to see them.

I hear more than i see when it comes to Blackcaps but a couple of nice captures Rich (y)

Indeed, 2 cool takes…
though #1 seems to be over sharpened!

Pretty much agree with all the comments above, The Major issue with both images is that they lack detail caused by high ISO or large crops I would imagine...

What detail is lacking in the Ct Joe?

What detail is lacking in the Ct Joe?

From what I can see there is a lot of noise in the background of the image and the branch and bird itself lack the fine details on the feathers etc. Looking back at the image this could be caused by a crop plus some hefty noise reduction? As I said before framing wise, colours all look spot on its just the level of detail on the shots isn't there if you get where I'm coming from, if your happy with the shots then thats fine, just sharing my honest opinion...

Last edited:
From what I can see there is a lot of noise in the background of the image and the branch and bird itself lack the fine details on the feathers etc. Looking back at the image this could be caused by a crop plus some hefty noise reduction? As I said before framing wise, colours all look spot on its just the level of detail on the shots isn't there if you get where I'm coming from, if your happy with the shots then thats fine, just sharing my honest opinion...

I understand what you are saying now Joe,it`s always difficult when someone says something but does not follow up with a bit more info.And I am more than happy to recieve opinions,it`s what it is all about.

I see what I learned to recognize as sharpening artefact the excessive
micro contrast specially on the green growth on the lower part of the branch, for example.

Yup!

I saw a couple of Blackcaps outside my work today. First time I've seen them up there.

I saw a couple of Blackcaps outside my work today. First time I've seen them up there.

Christ, that was a pointless reply. Just noticed the git has gone and got himself banned. What for? Pity as I always thought he was very helpful to inexperienced bird togs. When will ge be back?

Back