Cucumber Green Orb Spider

Great looking spider Ian and well photographed ;)

Nice shots Ian, looks to have plenty of dof @ f4 (y)

Thanks for your comments, I've still got a long way to go to reach the standard of so many of the macro photos on this site.

Thanks for your comments, I've still got a long way to go to reach the standard of so many of the macro photos on this site.

.... Hmm, no matter how good we are we always strive to do better and can be our own worst critic. This spider species is tiny and I think you have done particularly well and better than my efforts on the same excellent Olympus 60mm Macro lens. And you didn't need to use flash according to Flickr.

The second image is my favourite of a very good set.

.... Hmm, no matter how good we are we always strive to do better and can be our own worst critic. This spider species is tiny and I think you have done particularly well and better than my efforts on the same excellent Olympus 60mm Macro lens. And you didn't need to use flash according to Flickr.

The second image is my favourite of a very good set.

Cheers Robin, I agree it's a great little lens. There was a bit of a breeze whilst I was trying to photograph the spider - at one stage I was holding the leaf with one hand and the camera in the other (fortunately the Pana GX80 is small). As you can imagine there were plenty of shots out of focus.

Back