Cuillin Ridge

The second shot is atmospheric, yet the first image with the light dancing across the peaks is just truly gorgeous

Thanks everyone. Hope you are going to the link to look at all the entries and voting.

Great shots they have great lighting

Those last two are buttock-clenchingly scary. I've been up a couple of hills when the cloud level has suddenly dropped round about me and I admit to being quite concerned, and these were rounded hills rather than jaggy, scree-covered mountains.

You've got my vote.

Love the third pic. personally I think an inversion/poor vis removes the exposure and a bit of the danger.

All you can't see is where they started from. The danger is all there, narrow ridges, loose rock and cloud ready to envelop you. Maybe I've got too active an imagination but there's no amount of money could persuade me to swap places. I do appreciate seeing the photos of others' efforts. :clap:

Thanks for the positive comments and a special thanks to anybody who has already voted for me in the competition. I don't know about "buttock clenching scary" but I guess everyone has their own thresholds of fear and once I'm out of my own personal comfort zone then I'm definitely not a happy camper. Glad people appreciated the photos even if they are of places that they personally wouldn't want to go. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Back