Cuillin's at sunset

Can I ask has Flickr changed the way you share a photograph I have tried several times to grab the code but it wont let me?

Sorted eventually!![emoji106]

Last edited:
Wonderful conditions at a well loved spot. I think a lot of folk would have employed a longer exposure on this but I'm glad you didn't because there is a really nice realism to this shot which would have been lost if you'd milked the water movement...I really like it :)

Thanks Nick and Mark for your comments.

@Nick Livesey I do have a couple which are long exposures but out of the photographs I took I preferred this one, It was stunning and I'm afraid the photograph doesn't do it justice. :)

Last edited:
One of my favourite Skye views and it is stunning with this light, something I never managed ... I agree on the 'natural' water too :)

You had some wonderful light. Any chance of seeing some of the long exposure shots?

"Excellent" shot Carol, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Thanks everyone.:banana:

That's rather lovely Carol.
I love the way the sun's peeping over the hill.

A wonderful image, with great detail, light, colour, and depth of focus.

Beautiful shot of a beautiful place Carol. I will get there one day!

Chris

Hi Chris this was my first time and I can assure you it will not be my last. Coast and sunset were our remit and we had planned to go else where but for some strange reason this is where we ended up, well worth getting home at 1am in the morning for.

You had some wonderful light. Any chance of seeing some of the long exposure shots?

Hi Adrian once I get a moment I will pop one on the thread for you.

Lovely shot Carol.

Nice warm, interesting and serene shot. Love it.

Sorry to be boring but another 'stunning' comment. I also like that it's not a long exposure as I think the way the light is playing off the wavelets in the foreground and creating little shadow areas really adds something. I think the rocks in the foreground are too much in shadow to make the foreground interest in themselves.

Cheers guys for all your cc and wonderful comments.;)

Sorry to be boring but another 'stunning' comment. I also like that it's not a long exposure as I think the way the light is playing off the wavelets in the foreground and creating little shadow areas really adds something. I think the rocks in the foreground are too much in shadow to make the foreground interest in themselves.

Had the pleasure of shooting the Cuillins from Elgol myself and also went for the non-long exposure. I shot at 1 sec. I think just enough to get the wave movement texture. The light here is stunning and you've done the view justice.

Thank you Me2.[emoji1]

Very nice capture there Carol, hope to get back up there soon myself , either mid Oct or Nov this year .

Like this Carol, but I'm wondering whether to horizon is a bit too central? A little higher would have revealed slightly more foreground and may have resulted in a finer balance perhaps? Just my pennies worth, but still a lovely shot.

Like this Carol, but I'm wondering whether to horizon is a bit too central? A little higher would have revealed slightly more foreground and may have resulted in a finer balance perhaps? Just my pennies worth, but still a lovely shot.

Neil this is my reasoning for cropping it the way I have.

The top third runs though the top of the mountains, if I move the crop down to the water line say or just above it becomes bottom heavy with rocks that are too dark to be of any interest and shows less of the sky in all its glory. If I go for more sky then I chop off the movement of the water which I really liked and the whole photograph becomes very centralised.

Or are your meaning the hight and position of my camera on it's tripod when I was taking the photograph?

Stunning shot. This is one of my favourite places in the world!

I like this a lot Carol, but does nothing for my Skye envy ha ha, I really want to get up there this year :)

Just to make you even more envious I'm off to Elgol at the weekend and staying there at a friend's house for the next 3 weeks!!! Hopefully the weather gods and the midges will play ball and I'll be able to post some good photos later.

Just to make you even more envious I'm off to Elgol at the weekend and staying there at a friend's house for the next 3 weeks!!! Hopefully the weather gods and the midges will play ball and I'll be able to post some good photos later.

Have a great time, take plenty of midge cream and clothes for every eventuality, looking forward to your photos.(y)

Neil this is my reasoning for cropping it the way I have.

The top third runs though the top of the mountains, if I move the crop down to the water line say or just above it becomes bottom heavy with rocks that are too dark to be of any interest and shows less of the sky in all its glory. If I go for more sky then I chop off the movement of the water which I really liked and the whole photograph becomes very centralised.

Or are your meaning the hight and position of my camera on it's tripod when I was taking the photograph?

Hi Carol,

Yes I meant raising the horizon a tad to reveal a little more foreground and pushing the very low water line a little higher into the frame. Feel that may offer a slightly better balance.

Cheers
Neil

Last edited:
Its a stunner Carol, great composition and wonderful colours

What kind of post processing ? Its a lovely capture.......!

Hi Pingping, I did very little to it just upped the clarity and brightness, cropping (not too much), I used vibrancy brushes to enhance the colour reflected in the water and the sky also used exposure brushes to brighten in places and that's about it.

Cheers Carol

Works for me, a lovely attractive image.

Back