Cul Mor & Suilven

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Getting the hang of these panos again. This one was taken today. The wife and I celebrated our 18th Anniversary today by taking the sprogs up Canisp in NW Sutherland. Little Lucy's first hill-walk. She managed all 8 hours on her own without being carried. Not bad for a four year old!

269587982_8562c00e1a_o.jpg

This was not the only celebration of our marriage. That's another pea out of the jar :naughty:

Greg caught us on the summit warming up.
269553644_fd7ea1d3f5_o.jpg

What a lovely place to spend your anniversary (happy anniversary btw :D )

That first shot is an exposure nightmare and you've got a stunner from it, nice one :)

Edit: oh, and happy anniversary :)

Have you thought of trying a little HDR on it? :D Happy Anniversary :)

God love you mate, you're reliable, I'll give you that...:p :LOL: (That reminds me I must finish my own HDR attempts....)

Both shots are great mate. That first one, as dod says, you've nailed. How did you meter it if I may ask. :)

It would have been a nice shot on its own, but the rays give it that something else.

PS. Happy Anniversary!

What a lovely day for an anniversary. Best wishes to you both.

It made me smile when you said "warming up".... I wondered what you were warming up for....what comes next? LOL

Hi Guys! :wave:

Just back from a short break with family. Weather was crap but have a couple of shots I will share later.

Marcel - Metering was a nightmare. I saw sunbursts and wanted them recorded. Set Camera to Aperature Priority and f11 then took a couple of shots using AE lock to meter a couple of different spots. Once I found an exposure that worked I dialled that values into manual exposure and took set (5 shots). Used Panorama Factory to stitch together.

Pete - You do HDR well and would love to hear how you achieve some of your shots but otherwise sick to the back teeth of HDR style shots with their posterized look and dirty whites.

Photostar - Lucy was taken cycling this week and is now a demon of the green run. Our attempts to take her on a red run on a tag-along went well until we punctured :(

Back