1. ihasa

ihasa

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Snerkler beat me to posting images of yesterday's early mist at Curbar. Any C&C welcome. I've held back on the processing, I realised that my early attempts were killing the soft misty mood by upping the contrast too much etc. Let me know if I've under-cooked it.

1. Dawn light

[​IMG]

2. Rock Pools

[​IMG]

3. Rock Pillar

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM
    Dave Semmens, alan72 and robinsslee like this.
  2. Mick616

Mick616

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    look fine and dandy to me, love them.

ihasa likes this.
  3. Craig_85

Craig_85

Name:
    Craig
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Really nice set, don't worry about the processing I think it's fairly nailed.

The third is a real treat.

ihasa likes this.
  4. alan72

alan72

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I like these, but I'm undecided if the rocks are too prominent in the image and out balance the lovely misty valley below.

Did you take any with a long lense?

ihasa likes this.
  5. ihasa

ihasa

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks! Yes I think no.1 in particular would have been better without that rock bang in the middle, which I'm going to bear in mind next time. I did take some at 85mm but none that especially worked, perhaps I'll go back to the raw images and have a second look.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 7:38 AM
  6. Seniorshot

Seniorshot

Name:
    Roger
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I feel that the rocks in the foreground dominate these images too much. For me the real interest is in the distant mist.
    I think it would have been worth hanging around until the mist began to rise (not always possible of course) and then use a longer lens to capture the distant scene.

ihasa likes this.
  7. ihasa

ihasa

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Think you're right, thanks for the comment. I can't wait for the second bite of the cherry! *Checks weather forecast*