customs house, purfleet

Edit My Images
No
The scaffolding finally came off last week, all the way through the summer tourist season the Custom's House has been shrouded for works on the upper storeys.

The autumn light gave some good shadow definition with the inky black of the Purfleet in the foreground.

technically Perfect and Great Composition -- you got all the reflection in .

Very nice. Lovely light and reflection is just detailed enough. I'd clone out a couple of elements (the man on the step and the advertising board) but that's just cos those things bug me.

Very good, slight shame about the red life buoy but very nice none-the-less.

Thanks everyone.

I'd clone out a couple of elements (the man on the step and the advertising board) but that's just cos those things bug me.
Very good, slight shame about the red life buoy but very nice none-the-less.
I did several sequences, the chap walking through (after a very vocal debate with his girlfriend outside the Probation Office) just happened to be in the shot with the best combination of light, cloud and reflection, and the fewest tourists in brightly coloured jackets. The light was fleeting and the clouds scudding through. Just an hour earlier it had been hammering down with rain. I could clone him out, and the life buoy.. but that leads to the two for sale boards, the parked car, the parking signs, the modern lamp posts, the tv aerials.. I'd rather leave it as it is than get into too many judgements about what should stay and what should go. I know this is a personal decision and others might do differently.

The scaffolding finally came off last week, all the way through the summer tourist season the Custom's House has been shrouded for works on the upper storeys.

The autumn light gave some good shadow definition with the inky black of the Purfleet in the foreground.

brilliant use of reflection...the style suits the frame...you have left a bit of a space at the bottom for a title if necessary...good work
my only nits are the man and the red buoy....??

cheers
geof

Back