36029540676_9178b6b62b_b.jpg

36029540126_45011c0a2f_b.jpg

A vole and his blackberry, smiley time

36029540326_99395436bc_b.jpg

I name thee Pat

35261740333_daf0c9672a_b.jpg

These are lovely.
Super Cute.

Nice Ingrid, where did you manage to catch these little critters? :)

Cracking set Ingrid, especially #1 (y)

( And yes I do mean it and yes I'm off for a lay down :p )

These are lovely.
Super Cute.

They are, too much so and oh so much fun to watch :p

Nice Ingrid, where did you manage to catch these little critters? :)

Thanks Roger :)
A place near me called Millers Wood, same place I get the bird pics
I will confess that although the mice and voles are wild, these are set up scenarios, but the little darling aren't phased by
it as you can see, any signs of stress and they are left to go their own way
Just me but as it was set up I didn't feel right posting in wild and free section

Cracking set Ingrid, especially #1 (y)

( And yes I do mean it and yes I'm off for a lay down :p )

Cheers Chris I really do appreciate it (hope that makes you feel better :kiss:)

Well now I definitely know the difference - mouse has mahoosive ears yes?

I really like the first - and the little guy with the blackberry is pretty cute. Last one made me laugh too ;)

Well now I definitely know the difference - mouse has mahoosive ears yes?

I really like the first - and the little guy with the blackberry is pretty cute. Last one made me laugh too ;)

Cheers Fi, mouse came up to nibble the blackberry and vole wasn't going to allow it, so a little scrap ensued, mouse just walked off and got his dinner
Vole had already seen of some of his own kind,, although there were several berries scattered they all seem to want the same one :D

IMO as these are in a baited but free to roam environment they are surely still " wild & free" I.e. not captive/domesticated.

Re the images, they are delightful and engaging creatures well shown by you:)

@Gremlin slighly OT, but will a 70-200 be ok for Birds @ Millers ? and do you think we will get the op for the Voles of we ask nicely ?

cute indeed!
Thanks

IMO as these are in a baited but free to roam environment they are surely still " wild & free" I.e. not captive/domesticated.
Re the images, they are delightful and engaging creatures well shown by you:)

Difficult one isn't it ?!
They are enchanting, I could have spent all day with them
Thankyou

@Gremlin slighly OT, but will a 70-200 be ok for Birds @ Millers ? and do you think we will get the op for the Voles of we ask nicely ?

It's what I use most of the time, not sure if the D500 has a dual crop sensor but if so you can use the 1.3 crop to bring things closer
Are you doing a general visit or tuition ?
If a general one, you need to speak to John before you go so he can get them set up, there is a small extra charge and you have to be prepared
to walk away if they are stressed.

Last edited:
Doing the tution route, and dont have the 1.3 option......
Will ask on the day...not a biggie, but owuld be nice as the ops on the harvest mice last week wernt as good as I wanted tbh.

Doing the tution route, and don't have the 1.3 option......
Will ask on the day...not a biggie, but would be nice as the ops on the harvest mice last week weren't as good as I wanted tbh.

No point in asking on the day as he needs notice to set things up,as it's tuition I doubt he will but worth asking a couple of days before if you
want them as well.
Those BWC harvest mice aren't easy, I've done them a few times so don't be put off, these are far easier as they are left to settle to doing their own thing

Back