weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Lots to look at here - I love the heart shaped comments...soppy lot ;) I have to say I've had a lot fewer wb problems with my Nikon since I've generally left it on auto - it seems to sort out most situations well.

Last edited:
catching up on comments again
Dark - certainly has a dark and gloomy atmosphere to it.
Power - both good shots well panned I too like the first one better.
Above - A great group lots going on and plenty of interest.

Above, well spotted. Motion blur would have made it for me...but that's just me.

Cheers.
me too .... loving motion blur ... but I caught this and loved it.

Lots to look at here - I love the heart shaped comments...soppy lot ;) I have to say I've had a lot fewer wb problems with my Nikon since I've generally left it on auto - it seems to sort out most situations well.
soppy lot

catching up on comments again
Dark - certainly has a dark and gloomy atmosphere to it.
Power - both good shots well panned I too like the first one better.
Above - A great group lots going on and plenty of interest.

Ah Minx thanks so much for the good words

The Orangery at Kensington Gardens

cave etchings EVOLVED

NUvnlDk1dzIoFenCHM4WCUA_E3tF4yz2ztDbiUe0m_G7v5B6zMlop8y26l4ycMgWRKHs6wHaU3pcminZ6sjN_1y9eiMGA-B0znUx-En3GRU1KND9DNWFxAtc6WKO8XJKcr9cE9fa8nUMwACOiixdBxaRryzsT0vn4GLbrRM6vcv5xtz0kU9dv_xyyJDjcQ_PuEzXYMiFhF6QoSISddpfuPBIktPUKdWX_1SSW-bKvBKh8DUoQBMCoY8FQ5vjoASaUOpeQkBl9XysdbRui_qDd5dOOOL3NyDaxJqflZ2U4U0P63fkIctB-9MbBhWXp1KO6YgA8ukMNTJ8tECMjqDNOUvOUPflSJdk2OpTf2oJ0yblJxEE3pbiVapX1XjhKrXLmTxZ9P4VTTvOkyjoHnjXEpazjV0fvViAym3gy3QGqjKO8Q5Gz-bEHLxdSf9Gk_1efDlsXXlXtW8h-SzObJlEguUtHt2K3UkH7hzYCSxEpq5xMocK13QS2u5l5ZPl_S0sw6yzGn2_DvEuhV_dVQ6r3unAlK1ayQx8KFMOpC2nFakn8VjT6WO03zmJfSXMbP-64w7Mf6R5zjlR7OtiTaHkEkwpYWjNQCu8pY65r-si8NmkXcWJfOSPcdZwVtPWkyHrI3B7slcmcUJG32z7NGIceUe9HFqjpPqQWZfZuLdYlQ=w1752-h917-no

Last edited:
I like that, very contrasty, as you say it is "cave etchings evolved" the harshness of it really highlights the carving, fascinating :cool:

Very nice, I like it! Great find and well processed.

Thats nice, I like it.
Very nice take on theme David :)
Above; well spotted and nicely captured. Like the fact that every person is in the frame.

Evolved; another nice captured image. Not a foggy what the etchings are about but love the texture and the perfect symmetry.
I like that, very contrasty, as you say it is "cave etchings evolved" the harshness of it really highlights the carving, fascinating :cool:
Very nice, I like it! Great find and well processed.
Love that David, I did a brick wall last year but this is waaaaay much better than mine, love the detail and a very good crop, really like this (y)
Thanks all (y) .... personally I thought it might have come out better with less harsh light (bloody sunshine). When next passing I might try a subtle HDR ... my new camera is good at those.

Evolve, it would be nice to see it shot when the light is different to see the effect on the carvings. Sounds like you have the opportunity.

(y)

Oooh clever you thinking of that one d00d ...I like it .... in a thousand years time an archaeologist will discover those bricks and spend a lifetime deciphering them :)

Thanks susie (y) I like to think The Orangery at Kensington Gardens will still be standing in a 1000 years time, it's already done 300+ years and they must have been the most difficult.

Evolve, it would be nice to see it shot when the light is different to see the effect on the carvings. Sounds like you have the opportunity.

(y)
Cheers Foggy, I'll see what I can do. (y)

Trying to make return visits to everyone's threads now I'm (almost) up to date so I've just looked back through your whole thread :)

Picking out my favourites so far, I really liked your second shot for Order with the row of trees and the atmospheric mist, the chair in your first Comfort image is really unusual and I do like the composition, the second image for Structure is particularly eye-catching because of the man walking through the scene apparently looking at the tiles, the strong colour and motion in Routine works really well and it's spot on for the theme, and while both images for Power have the perfect amount of motion blur for the theme I prefer the first, possibly because of the flashes of bright red on the bike. A really interesting thread so far, and I'll make sure I keep up with you in future (y)

Evolve(d) - Great side lit texture, perhaps we have not evolved much since scratching marks on cave walls in the paleolithic?

Hi d00d,
Above - I don't think it's just the tables that are blue, it does feel overall blue to me, but I couldn't fix it in PSE. I do like Andy's idea of including some motion blur.

Evolved - Does one of the dates say 1853?
I wonder that C19 Urban Art would have looked like if they had had spray cans :)
Well captured social commentary on how things change but stay the same.

Great find David - the framing works perfectly and as others has said the harsh light brings out the detail really well (y)
Thanks Emma ... yes it a great find. I never really took much notice of this orangery before, and now I'm googling up lots of interesting history.

Last edited:
Trying to make return visits to everyone's threads now I'm (almost) up to date so I've just looked back through your whole thread :)

Picking out my favourites so far, I really liked your second shot for Order with the row of trees and the atmospheric mist, the chair in your first Comfort image is really unusual and I do like the composition, the second image for Structure is particularly eye-catching because of the man walking through the scene apparently looking at the tiles, the strong colour and motion in Routine works really well and it's spot on for the theme, and while both images for Power have the perfect amount of motion blur for the theme I prefer the first, possibly because of the flashes of bright red on the bike. A really interesting thread so far, and I'll make sure I keep up with you in future (y)

Andrea ... thank you so much ... love your comments.

Of the images you mention, I think Structure is the weakest, would love to reshoot that. OMG, got so many reshoots in mind now.

Hi d00d,
Above - I don't think it's just the tables that are blue, it does feel overall blue to me, but I couldn't fix it in PSE. I do like Andy's idea of including some motion blur.

Evolved - Does one of the dates say 1853?
I wonder that C19 Urban Art would have looked like if they had had spray cans :)
Well captured social commentary on how things change but stay the same.
Cheers Tim

Above is a bit blue all over, something to do with a polarized roof ... but what a fantastic roof it is!

1853 .. yes but this dates back to about 1703 .

(y)

Hyde Park this morning, young man, camera around neck, pretty girlfriend, "Excuse me, I'm taking pictures for my camera club, the ways people hold a camera" ... he thought it was a great idea, "cool, have a nice day".

Week 15 Hold
FlJejKHVdp_a7uE03BVOaYSGXE9As8ctD8DFvNnEPgmbsG_Ei1HKIG5Md8Jv2d92-RzCIqRXv26OGyLQFTRtScgKjlrvgk8Rf-9J-Um8sYOsKWc_AvJe4fNmgYpE7FB_bhAR3bI9so-eHQdNl2Im4dPChdOMMoZk97ZfrD3h9oCzHYWRgW4AbP3YW5gGaPQoN566KbhupQMI5OlL6RKROga2wQW_8kjDwFOo4UKyeIrr1eJF612IIRdXAYQwsRmTLQWR_hmfqiV07wbHSTcT1x9nBwM8D31-mBYwMjP_GDK8alR5HNZ3PYlrjWvTPnIyMWW0z1YMmXIvNm6wWl0XaB9g3iOoxceskeTz1CIvDVnq3a1a52skpP3KAb05lloBLbO_ibJEkK1d_CoohqLIAuK5JU7QijjmCh7DEQzwpgPEUAgObK1OEEA-eoW7kJ0x8wihfKWbltp4_wV_mBmSujaK0_CdTHByFsOMYRPipwBMia2umx_HZpbF0Xsqr-KDQYLRb4k7OaTEYdFZsBhcCc8_s1CqJUL-acEkhEk-QkSuwUjeEkMnrJVBIhtKW5ZA3uwxFsALHu51O_W4mSMenFUtXPVJ6HJMza_d8VRKQ6V_52q9eLsmQCmKu6Tn3VZBziDKB76wqrT0BSag_Z-uuyql1IPxHWkf336OGnNaKQ=w1317-h917-no

Last edited:
Like it. Nice dreamy, green BG. Finger on the shutter button would be my only crit, but appreciate that might not have been possible.

Liking the low POV.

Cheers.

Andrea ... thank you so much ... love your comments.

Of the images you mention, I think Structure is the weakest, would love to reshoot that. OMG, got so many reshoots in mind now.

:) It just goes to show how subjective it is; I liked it for the way he's looking at the tiles, which led my eyes back to them. I know what you mean about reshoots as I have a few in mind too!

Moving on to your latest image.. :clap: Great composition and a lovely OOF background. Perfect for the theme.

Pity it's not a brand spanking new Nikon Df ..... eh chaps! This is great concept for product photography, I think.

Like it. Nice dreamy, green BG. Finger on the shutter button would be my only crit, but appreciate that might not have been possible.

Liking the low POV.

Cheers.
Thanks andy ... yes he's holding it in a strange way but he understood the stance I was after.

:) It just goes to show how subjective it is; I liked it for the way he's looking at the tiles, which led my eyes back to them. I know what you mean about reshoots as I have a few in mind too!

Moving on to your latest image.. :clap: Great composition and a lovely OOF background. Perfect for the theme.
(y) Andrea

Well isolated from the BG but a very strange way to hold the camera, can't deny its on theme

Great picture of the man in black in front of a blurry green background, but I'd say the way he holds his camera looks rather precarious to me.

Hold - well framed with good DoF which emphasises the hand holding the camera

A lovely image, the background, focus and lighting but not sure about the way he 'hold' the camera though. :) Nice of him to happily agreed to your request.
Thanks Stan ... "Nice of him to happily agreed to your request" ... it's the sort of place where foreign tourists are handing me their iPhones and posing in front of Ken Palace. I'm asking a foreign tourist, with a proper camera to help with my project, he can only say no, but its unlikely.

Well isolated from the BG but a very strange way to hold the camera, can't deny its on theme
(y)
Great picture of the man in black in front of a blurry green background, but I'd say the way he holds his camera looks rather precarious to me.
(y)
Hold, like the BG and jacket as it really sets the photo off nicely, I would never Hold a camera like that though :)
(y)
Hold - well framed with good DoF which emphasises the hand holding the camera
(y)

Thanks guys ... yep sure is a strange way to hold a camera.

My thoughts exactly! Great background and nice and sharp too....

Nice of him to pose for you, I've yet to get the courage up to approach people in the street to either pose or help with shots. As others have said the nice green OOF background sets off the camera perfectly.

Hold - awesome dof and the subject is crisp and sharp with plenty of detail. Nice job.

Back