weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Week 18 ~ London's Largest Lake

vZAd4-LoggSEPkV42jECrn70U4T98R3w8RZeqFnqtWvYvzrgtX1NL6D5wkX7TKyQkWAnMMCgwLsxZ6_x4JNDg4cIvPMtv9NfALDTZs8pM9WtEb7sbwwwi9UD004sbxbkwpn1JZ92BIwqVoZwWCp5mD3wTt6Jg1Uue6nyLhIKdtCL-RNDxq3zxCBsEmoqKB7iLJhTUw6AqirLY9qwZBmAzdh66FqZABdKUBKf0fNhxUnj_fJZyQQce_LLdY-GFKTBaWRx817h0VMHdeEIHCIiAuB1zjvT8A2QALIqhzPSiV4s3mjFVc_WhaVxwUGHdaZyP_M-K8gWJde9xoOK6vQWiKIFZ4SZzkIklhYy6pGa91SKJvipRCktBzxBqTMCbRKMeDnZ1UCZlNEDnXgVkY4JRQyMPlzBnWwAnzIOxGguk0Exn-m4c8HUVqjED5PkRaBU_vcnK8L4Vul-HSXaAELo2RA0rMeXJS-5swzeXY1POWIj-GCq6KwS8Mrhfuf-jG705IZiSzZlEhIKQMFvna7Vfutr0fK9u39kmuw126x-T50YaKPyZQJmxmapijIRxVQBnK5xiHXDZscbBt4OgrV9UCegkBxWeXZgo3lYIt-DwPqDHlZMgHkxxn1U7pCQswzRHQGRcTCWtGRBHmc-4ECaQzavKKzgNyDbyGZMHmz_Mw=w1331-h887-no

Last edited:
Agree would never have got large from it but I am prepared to believe you (y) it does say a lot about the world we live in

If it's not on facebook it didn't happen... Well caught, nice DoF. It looks a tiny bit wonky, but it isn't, so it's probably just my eyes. Hyde Park?

Sheesh, put the bloo**y phones away :)

I'd not have got the connection without the comments, but it's up there now.

Cheers.
Agree would never have got large from it but I am prepared to believe you (y) it does say a lot about the world we live in
Oh lets have a day on the largest lake, and spend all our time on the phone :D Nice shot though.
Thanks guy, I've had London's Largest ..... in mind all week and decided upon Lake, intending to get the people across the other side, which I did. Then this boat came along, and it was like icing on the cake.:)
If it's not on facebook it didn't happen... Well caught, nice DoF. It looks a tiny bit wonky, but it isn't, so it's probably just my eyes. Hyde Park?
Cheers ... it might be the lamp making it look wonky. And yep it's the Serpentine Hyde Park taken from the Lido cafe/bar.

Nice idea d00d, although it isn't immediately obvious for the theme.
Hope those girls took time to actually enjoy the boat trip!

... not immediately obvious I know. I did get some wide angle proper lake shots, lovely old bridge too ... but all a bit dull.

Very well observed and captured David - composition and dof are spot on I think.
Thanks Emma ... gad you like it, I had to stand on a table to get that pov. !

... not only Westminster Tube but also the foundations to Portcullis House (that fantastic building with chimneys across the road from Big Ben).

Week 19 ~ Architecture
3cmFRvOp7DRwyr-OyVtks5yyQZG9HwuGEZQ-gH6oBVm-rvY2vOVPnjXjYXN-ZzbKXY1T2HrTZsNtM0NYjhWAJ8LamhRSxfEbo9dKjiUu9ZpydMPDJKcJ4ZpmBe11xng6hIWUm-vpEllpos28va5tGoBj_GX-3jVVMa8qhjeSj9Pi83CeKl0GHatfCycfyfKPnEa7K_DOrn7iaqFVzcBSCC8zUk8824j2vCi6kykrJzLLBiGzbApkdHNdQRAFHEetmdRXBDdudwTssdLiV2oOihrKKYeAePnCoeHwFwQqOiW-3tiQ-nU24l_Ar18UGQthsITaY-IC2GAht0A1ZhgjD3rrJCbK4C2mEQq1qZ2BOyEA38xINKLAmGnfGp4SwuKYCe11QBHwMhA4_H_yK1A_LTEJAnM-uJUn4wVesvACae4_yYl0dr_-SAFGMon3IB0Iw2Y3Nuxb5OtunJ5UParADlZcdGBOkOHvjhEIIc_b64ouKVWhYECBpgCqAxSfyj-GsN9WTJREch9ZCwVmrDaL_oIkHkyvb1JHid9fImOJeqUl6TRgF8MqMJxcEBVWeaF93k730y2Fp7ZmttxSu4bQGbh7qb4HypLiyQ8T8Yk9u2jwvWR8Fbz5uPtzIKEEwwBYgd5EXshAI-rZZqJFs1F96-p0XIUn2LJpGk2YBW_5Yw=w1410-h887-no

OOo that's nice David, liking the overhead capture of the people, especially the guy bottom frame, theyall appear in a trance state in a criss cross world of lines, I too like the fact that there are three escalators but the only one with occupants is on the thirds (y)

Nicely caught with a sense of motion in the people on the escalator. I'm not too keen on the bottom left corner but it is a good take none-the-less.

I find the thing in the bottom left corner a bit distracting and the vertical beams make my eyes go all funny... But it is a great shot of the people on the escalator!

Thanks guys .... HDR does such weird things to such environments.

Yep, thats Broken....
Id have been tempted to crop tighter and maybe shoot more head on if it was possible ?

Great shot and spot on for the theme. The shaded location just seems to emphasise the sense of slipping into quiet deterioration. Has a sad melancholy sort of feel to it. Well found

Nice find could do with a little more headroom as it where, I keep imagining it with a head and that it would be too tight in the frame, if you see what I mean

Good find, good composition. I rather like the lack of headroom...

Broken, well spotted and taken shot David, goes well with the BG and pov (y)
(y)
Yep, thats Broken....
Id have been tempted to crop tighter and maybe shoot more head on if it was possible ?
Head on or head on? ;) Thanks Mark
Very eerie David - I love the worn detail in her tattered skirts.
(y)
Nice find for broken, graveyards seem to be full of inspiration.
(y)
Great shot and spot on for the theme. The shaded location just seems to emphasise the sense of slipping into quiet deterioration. Has a sad melancholy sort of feel to it. Well found
... nice words, good description, thanks John (y)
I think John says it perfectly ....well spotted d00d.
.... and susie (y)
Nice find could do with a little more headroom as it where, I keep imagining it with a head and that it would be too tight in the frame, if you see what I mean
Yep I see what you mean Allan. There's room for a head on but little else. (y)
Good find, good composition. I rather like the lack of headroom...
thanks brrrnd (y) re compo, I did flip it which improved it.

Well done, broken indeed. Shame such a nice statue, the headless statue:(

Hi David,

Large - I guessed Serpentine, what do I win? ;) Good excuse for a bit of street and good bit of social commentary.

Architecture - Good take on the theme. Out of interest, did you do any significantly longer exposures to blur the people and escalator treads?

Broken - You'd think someone might have fixed it ;)
I feel it could do with different lighting conditions to help it pop from the background though.

Hi David, I haven't been around for a few weeks so just catching up with your additions since my last visit. Both images for Vivid are perfect for the theme, with clever processing on the shed image and good leading lines towards those bright chairs. I also really like Architecture with all the different lines and angles of solid metal and brick, with the slightly ghosted motion of the people passing through the scene, and the broken angel is a good spot and the aged stone contrasts perfectly with the fresh green leaves behind.

Hi David,

Large - I guessed Serpentine, what do I win? ;) Good excuse for a bit of street and good bit of social commentary.

Architecture - Good take on the theme. Out of interest, did you do any significantly longer exposures to blur the people and escalator treads?

Broken - You'd think someone might have fixed it ;)
I feel it could do with different lighting conditions to help it pop from the background though.
... good to hear from you Tim

The Serpentine ... award yourself a gold star. Yep, any excuse for a bit of street and social commentary.

Re Architecture ... I tried different speeds and also messed with some different effects on camera. Looked thru them later and picked this one ... HDR ... does something weird to all that shiny metal under artificial light.

Broken ... lacks oomph I know. A reshoot with a decent prime lens would make a difference, I think.

(y)

Hi David, I haven't been around for a few weeks so just catching up with your additions since my last visit. Both images for Vivid are perfect for the theme, with clever processing on the shed image and good leading lines towards those bright chairs. I also really like Architecture with all the different lines and angles of solid metal and brick, with the slightly ghosted motion of the people passing through the scene, and the broken angel is a good spot and the aged stone contrasts perfectly with the fresh green leaves behind.
Thanks for your encouraging words Andrea. (y)

Week 21 ~ Transport

Two again this week ... there's just soo much Transport everywhere. The wheel, with odd reflections, is from a Bentley on display in our local shopping centre, with a generous helping of Vignette.

sBlQLHGq7lQ_8jkHRzR6S0kMcsr59zjbGjHIcDP32RC4z4Q7WEH_a5SESArJh_BX6QDan3VGHY9HZCkKMxPY1tqRMXUwI2P2RLdbMFu_8jnZgX3eceU4v_WeQH3SACgO5KOHUxZRQfdimi7i3_h1LCakC_YeoMdgQVWBaOx4C9K491Xse8mGYvlfGehU_kkl_f5aaZqnIqhnx5R4szf6aXFYhoNWvxTDxIJ2dgrIkstQIsQ15cpR4wFeRMqHUm3dtDih7S_kZnGxyYzNCvH74bUGFkTTr1emrFLr4LfTEmnQD_XMjyEIry430RThdnQQtRrYqDZhYZq7wniPXIK3pTSspETZXRamGQar9a2TqosAHw4u6eE2QHID9WNkyX6UXcXuNEukYSIgYb843A2fcgKr7Ii9FYfXpHBgV8QX8bPbvR_WXPfj3S0nMOwkE8UuP49pnWT1Mkv0LbEMGyAqlzScb_B0C8cn6d_ye6sQThas-GZjbP8K458kEczmH7Yd3txtw7PwHShMJIe4TdCskpU-x8BgszrA_zIx9dG4WYn6_bVDqSEKiO8g6g-UIK5d5kT8ZYJP_4fDCDhUh92bv-uso-gUfPCK3UJQTLeglfvkzTHOUjv7TDFpIPlPMoXlPVE4R9KGEVbxK7_Tn8tNc6xK_e9c-KUoZUmSyuqsZg=w1383-h887-no

ImbEOClQp5rKv0Jb8w73k0ARm-C2e3CtrvmM7_2i_ixbjBFdqRe46gDEGvJvyhDgvsiA5PGC56HfUbJ7uoduIw-fJs5d-bKksHP5GRhDQSTfbWemouDqiu6eWnc9mihtOwcSCdB-sQSIFsmYrihNAchclT-mrVhfbXRyhIZ0L8b_IABOfWWv5MO58LwG4kU_VBNIr3TmXL4WQ1t_i9mUGIXrPpGwaTuaN7-JMTRB196prCydnlDwRE6PaoF10RPnz5d_dH9gxKTMca4pm2YsgapGNMsHBt-hR2Nz8__-F_sIyLGMizvw_NMBG2fWNsNAP9vEoAote9hWFggKpxIoVzid7wu8nw28TSHoGlTdT_5W7E1KZTlQVVy8cYzuNQFxHCqYug0eh6cIfP14euOVWnu8q0wAvrI9jNtVpYgJQwsGeR3vGL75kUn9pTa3KUqEbNv1gN1d-xzwBU3DXr3iGVbHwEN0oGGRh8Qt1q3kL-momrqzH__4tbsg_FbW-X1NbnRbQzwyBQuo4E1_gVvb23IsvezI4ZZIeQQMGmTSL2QCmZQqrYrQizfFpfhNxCK4U1Z-uWvQTSBS-vlxJ0RcsBDKItd5xT9YHjakcrTdAVyyOQ9Av9NWHfAcq2JnMQ1lFiAbJ4kjwzFJ3eb4-nUuVkE7PDx3wNHBzJGFAy2Yxw=w1353-h887-no

Last edited:
I love a good tube photo! Kudos for the very steady hand, motion blur vs static platform (and person) works a treat.

And clever idea to get rid of the rest of your Bentley with the vignette!

One hell of a vignette on the Bentley there d00d, well captured, but not as visually enticing as your Hammersmith shot.
These train in motion shots are always fun to look at. I would hazard a guess that it's District line stock, but it's not easy to tell.
It was good of your 'model' to stand reasonably still to allow you to have her just about in focus...

Back