weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
WEEK 21 ~ Transport
sBlQLHGq7lQ_8jkHRzR6S0kMcsr59zjbGjHIcDP32RC4z4Q7WEH_a5SESArJh_BX6QDan3VGHY9HZCkKMxPY1tqRMXUwI2P2RLdbMFu_8jnZgX3eceU4v_WeQH3SACgO5KOHUxZRQfdimi7i3_h1LCakC_YeoMdgQVWBaOx4C9K491Xse8mGYvlfGehU_kkl_f5aaZqnIqhnx5R4szf6aXFYhoNWvxTDxIJ2dgrIkstQIsQ15cpR4wFeRMqHUm3dtDih7S_kZnGxyYzNCvH74bUGFkTTr1emrFLr4LfTEmnQD_XMjyEIry430RThdnQQtRrYqDZhYZq7wniPXIK3pTSspETZXRamGQar9a2TqosAHw4u6eE2QHID9WNkyX6UXcXuNEukYSIgYb843A2fcgKr7Ii9FYfXpHBgV8QX8bPbvR_WXPfj3S0nMOwkE8UuP49pnWT1Mkv0LbEMGyAqlzScb_B0C8cn6d_ye6sQThas-GZjbP8K458kEczmH7Yd3txtw7PwHShMJIe4TdCskpU-x8BgszrA_zIx9dG4WYn6_bVDqSEKiO8g6g-UIK5d5kT8ZYJP_4fDCDhUh92bv-uso-gUfPCK3UJQTLeglfvkzTHOUjv7TDFpIPlPMoXlPVE4R9KGEVbxK7_Tn8tNc6xK_e9c-KUoZUmSyuqsZg=w1383-h887-no

My rules ...

... a pictorial tribute to the year '17 showing what I was doing where, when & why with flavoursome twist from our theme webmeisterperson, to show my grand children rocking on my knee. Hope you like it too.

Last edited:
WEEK 0 Song Title ... "Hole In My Shoe" ....posting a bit late but taken in Lisbon during week 0

FJyXRxa-TssNpmQ0Y3sWTTj_CjNJ-QrWwW6fi0q9t7iQUEeo8bg2jfq4CBwE2LN688G8FGGsgvlcevFSc0nuXgPjN4CEVrvcFLAKZ3TsJqX1rvohXIkaFlzQj2i2M_mLgKBQnI5aniIfZGocHtTozHtTlp9fyGuMOgoPXEd2-znLYezPhIb6Zwgmgs6QMTGH3aNGBnyv1niBuC6RveT6pcWEW2YYdPkCHCkIHbt3Acy_8ZiIDKMrvmgNZIopB7yVgrHjgOQfa901qcYDPhw7-60A0mhuRGbgwjxx6TgvddLcLfp8LKuCfr63zrDRWccDEjjwYdjzyWgHSMfjkhX-Y6XIMMQoOxSP6Ep4tOlvCUOFUfFvqT9T4Ns7S5tD1NF0PxDXbHdZA4PLlQel3CeOv9QqOj5TYo5PoKhqUWSFc78DDaszELwFOhT6qjA82QMiooD6CqUA-8yUqD2QDfQ-3NrLseaEjOVjWvzBh2yjToiO7ZjAtBVcDwULKElweJi2JwiBVnvfL_KUnWdIhSDr3np9XF_Ma4FsBcH4Gr7VIkU6igF6X9KHZ3_pG--s2O_a4A3x463sWh-Y8pIupCKB329PPMOYdD3elz-JyYJ-gRNZFIPN43aU=w1374-h917-no

Not often you see a cobbler these days nice take on the theme

Ha ha ha - good one David ... gave me a laugh. I initially thought it was a take on Week 1 Order. Excellently themed

Thanks guys

And here's Order .... at least, I thought these trees said ordered.

x4wVNPULXdbk7BjmDGElZ3nNnJshrC_3MLiZXgALScCZvG6eQAS5pv2xT8W-R1dFDpVCWUfCxYrDVpvBNnFSvK_12VraeG8nPsqKBYVv4eCeIxKn3Voa5hVTmLo5rAmih45uHxsXIghzxcF3SjrV4YSh-jnBLcASOxK4E9KKvtEHmDv1_JztR9DdrF9Klz2aCjy7DtJRMIolpDeq6O06wDZ-Z0yeazlWUNFlq4oNAKbal5YBBT1g6u0WThBHQ-6wclQfhdqwXYofG_OoqmvYrYVCH0VQa7W_OWtQmKnuxlesLtA0PXDGr7Xl4ql7xu7pGCbGO9zad09bp5FmSJ-zmTn5AshHQCKJgFpmt-reTwp6rYKVJBLr4i5z1Baf465yMGk0ZHgaomE1mup83oBcXmR6G_KS_ZzwegR5CPcFaQfezLB2SHPFDLGrM1erLY0S__xpMDomkoyiB5jclaM_HSNy8W4o1zjazirdA2U_e1XvP5i1PaKmn4k-pMiJBzyeaJdwpZT8kM0cbDYscc0FrvpTwLjfkAnpcqk2uIndIBN1Loq_NPwEAQ7ilCTaeVMmimyanvHgAO4Z22nz6zLPD75iBtr0NqNHkjeXUROhcHW-uGqevsvs=w1560-h917-no

EDITED 08/01/2017 @ 16:00 to added what was originally to be my submission
HZZKnohRVs7ZYH1iDbL4xtAErgGNUmUu1JYSbeNSkRTP-VazsXPC98mZohBP1lfbLX65N4gxdpdZs5PMrCf_MVSVi_0ezQVC14breGwma4J9iyGnC4TtUkVEOLfdnGeF1SN5rOVmdbQuWRaCs1_rcrQ0WwTM0h7uZ9z24x3IloeiQRoHmMFtSZ_vgigq4mVq8qZmUHswFAgKwYqinEbkq7xPbYTGLR_g8jlmboNYmLxdBSDnEdQzqwDsd4WRJtvQW6PwdvG-oY9pWMWU21USzUlgDFqwFw-g6z12m-eKuc7GYY35_3lBybPHog8svCW-2Ng1nLaKtoqalsuzow9j_cWouPgTNIidPsinUX2odNTKsC24we7AvduP68f-eWyJ6qdDH_QVRplYLIqxT6LuvtZCxnlpmglZW3821nRwTntOXJWZuTeh27OROm2caWyJ9WZQ8fHHU0T8Sl_v2fZR33JOATJpGozb1bEqMZgvDPAsl1yn73qLuKiB6As-Be9lVhVTln1hVNByIX6oD8LtmpoA9-4zT6VSiyj4GhhuE--1W2rpZkaXHBGTwmDl0mSdQ_KP-oJ_SpTSM-7E1MA8HKSQFZqDmPM6L6SBp-6i2o3y6VOlTZ7p=w1362-h917-no

Last edited:
Song Title I like the idea but from a composition point of view I think it's cropped too tight on the cobbler including cutting through the top of his hair.

Order I like the repetitiveness of the newly planted trees so get what you were doing, however, I can't see where the focus is and also think theres too much negative space on the right while simultaneously missing the leading line / diagonal of the road? Swinging the camera left a bit would have improved it no end I suspect. I would keep this spot in mind though for the summer depending where the sun sets and rises.

Very Orderly David so spot on theme. Like the way the fog has blanketed out the bg and therefore any distractions from the tree line.

The trees say order, but the branches on the LHS do distract.

I bet a wide angle, getting closer and lower to the trees would also work.

Cheers.

Trust you to start with a load of old cobblers, :D not quite sure where the hand came from though ?

The trees look pretty ordered to me David :)

Just edited my original week 01 post to add my original idea, then for some reason decided to post a slightly different POV without leaves cloned out.

They are indeed very orderly so on theme, good start
Thanks Alan
Song Title I like the idea but from a composition point of view I think it's cropped too tight on the cobbler including cutting through the top of his hair.
Thanks Paul. I quite often crop the top of peoples heads :eek: . In this case I did it because on the harsh light on a little tuft sticking up, but thanks for your comment.
Order I like the repetitiveness of the newly planted trees so get what you were doing, however, I can't see where the focus is and also think theres too much negative space on the right while simultaneously missing the leading line / diagonal of the road? Swinging the camera left a bit would have improved it no end I suspect. I would keep this spot in mind though for the summer depending where the sun sets and rises.
This was taken the other day in Portugal with my pocket camera set at f.1.8 focusing on the first tree RHS in line. But it def doesn't give the same result as a proper camera at f.1.8 I tried different angles & stuff, see my 2nd shot above.
Good take on the theme David, all in order on this foggy shot :)
(y)
Very Orderly David so spot on theme. Like the way the fog has blanketed out the bg and therefore any distractions from the tree line.
(y)
Hi d00d good to see you back.

Love the shoemender, I even remember the song :) smashing natural unposed photo.
Thanks susie ... I'm young enough to remember Neil (Young Ones) version. :D
Great row of trees, but I must admit those branches on the left are a bit distracting.
:)
The trees say order, but the branches on the LHS do distract.

I bet a wide angle, getting closer and lower to the trees would also work.

Cheers.
Yeah ... I'm unsure about the leaves.
Trust you to start with a load of old cobblers, :D not quite sure where the hand came from though ?
He wears his heart on his sleeve, no doubt (there's a lyric in there) but hand?:thinking: I can't explain that.

I really like the second one, that step to the side to miss the branches on the left off has made it for me. Like how the very orderly line of trees are disappearing into the mist too.:)

Great to see the cobbler at work - but I'm a bit freaked out by the disembodied hand on his shoulder! The trees without the distraction on the left works better for the theme I think - but I do like the colour version.

Much prefer the mono version (and associated crop). Works well and on theme.

Week 0 - No excuse @d00d, don't they have t'interweb out there in the outer reaches of Europe?
On theme, plenty to look at, but the head crop feels a bit accidental. I may have cropped down further to emphasise that the cropping through the head was a deliberate artistic instrument.

Order - The second submission. Losing the branches on the LHS really improves the shot, makes it less of a snapshot and more of a statement.

song - that's a great environmental portrait! Maybe a bit tightly cropped on the top right.
order - #2 for me, the branches on the left add nothing to the first version in my opinion.

Week 0 a very nice find for the theme, a rare sight indeed and good for your song choice. Week 1 works for the theme the second image is the one for me the composition works great and the trees do look very orderly indeed, and the b&w colour choice suits the image very well and in my opinion matches the grey and grim weather we have had of late.

Ah now that second one for order is miles better!
Thanks Paul ... I think I've said it was my first choice, spent some time cloning out the trees then for some reason thought the PP was OTT and posted the other first. o_O
I really like the second one, that step to the side to miss the branches on the left off has made it for me. Like how the very orderly line of trees are disappearing into the mist too.:)
Thanks Georgina
Its the second one for me!
(y)
Have to agree the second image is much nicer, a shame there wasn't a tree past the half way line, but hey you work with what you have, I'm preferring it in B&W too and theme wise Order suits it for me :)
(y)
Yep, definitely like that better d00d.
(y)
(y)
Great to see the cobbler at work - but I'm a bit freaked out by the disembodied hand on his shoulder! The trees without the distraction on the left works better for the theme I think - but I do like the colour version.
Tis freaky isn't it!!

I like the 2nd shot better. I was about to comment on the distracting branches on the left when I saw the shot on the main image thread. The trees are arranged in a straight order, I like the misty mood and mono colour. A bit too much negative space on the right for my liking.
cheers Stan
Much prefer the mono version (and associated crop). Works well and on theme.
(y)
Week 0 - No excuse @d00d, don't they have t'interweb out there in the outer reaches of Europe?
On theme, plenty to look at, but the head crop feels a bit accidental. I may have cropped down further to emphasise that the cropping through the head was a deliberate artistic instrument.

Order - The second submission. Losing the branches on the LHS really improves the shot, makes it less of a snapshot and more of a statement.
Yo Tim .... I did have access to a truly retro computer and looked in to pick up on the latest theme but that was about it.

I've just tried (listening to you) cutting the man's hair or half of it off and it does work well ... but perhaps not for everyone.

And yes ... Statement Making is the way forward. :cool:

song - that's a great environmental portrait! Maybe a bit tightly cropped on the top right.
order - #2 for me, the branches on the left add nothing to the first version in my opinion.
Cheers Bernd

Week 0 a very nice find for the theme, a rare sight indeed and good for your song choice. Week 1 works for the theme the second image is the one for me the composition works great and the trees do look very orderly indeed, and the b&w colour choice suits the image very well and in my opinion matches the grey and grim weather we have had of late.
Thanks Mandy ... I had two weeks of sunshine in Portugal followed by a few foggy days, this is an avenue of trees next to a bit of wasteland next to Lisbon airport. HERE is a pic I took from more or less the same spot about a week earlier.
A very strike image. Something rather desolate. I like it!
Thank you Dom.

Last edited:
Hi David,

Week 0 - Nice subject, as others have said it's a shame we don't see many cobblers around these days.
Week 1 - Much prefer #2 without the branches on the left and I think the mono conversion works well, gives a very bleak feel with the mist and dark grass against the grey sky.

Great photo,
I wanted to do a photo like this but could find trees in a line.
I like the fog and I prefer the black and white photo because of the background

Hi David,

Week 0 - Nice subject, as others have said it's a shame we don't see many cobblers around these days.
Week 1 - Much prefer #2 without the branches on the left and I think the mono conversion works well, gives a very bleak feel with the mist and dark grass against the grey sky.
Thanks Steve
I love the black and white version of order David (y). You had fog and I had harsh sun :p
Thank you Madam .... We had 2 weeks of sunshine/blue sky, followed by one day of wind/rain, followed by two days of fog. And it was much warmer than Spain, Madrid being colder than London over Xmas.:p

Great photo,
I wanted to do a photo like this but could find trees in a line.
I like the fog and I prefer the black and white photo because of the background
Thanks for the input Isabelle (y)

Epic mono conversion there (y) looks rather 1940's pathe news reel.. I can hear the voice over now talking about farming in Biderwee upon Thames and the cricket scores. (y)

Back