weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Week24 ~ Photos for Pleasure © TP

ruGyz9m1GqXGBhKIaVGI_wV5-GybUsWUtF84IyxGl-mLQ6sGmReXi-NTjtp31TNuwP3id617yfKaFBB0C4EkzxNHNka0RaJHK_vOjHx-FTQP2Dt4rn5tmTv5iAWQTgUuznE9qEgCy8zhx3UwbJIs7y7UC-AB7FM6jD0Uh1XCs3vKjVX-fUIDgNs2bHPOgMnh0Jk2Qy7_yMHuvqBATymDbBQLG4vn9KuY4haDVIH3n70cHxlCaCnnFNBXzsLmF7FxQc39EQCCeUqDZI1CODufrMISUSEMrvSPnRxADP99m8o-oeFI8lNEl2cIkbJNlpURmPDrJw_enyn4vYYO_5HJJoj0PFx8ZLLyoBk15pRoNqPXhtILj5J5266rF1w2T61hyHLccVUA2frMJ0HhU7IT_f7XQeztqqHewuJHzRb9t45W4P8UNq9iceARGJGnAJTrgAmLIoHxEzpxBt9BJSYy7QQ_HqZwz6ksk7_G3RDqrNKPCGI9ZjzJlQmeIgRzAxuPnbYuBgvckXQSJ4NQ8VgfFur0flibaG4ULA7RgL8nL_BVoUHv8b2ZBA4AD2Hue39FxO_oOEu3nAlPXRvmWQX0fIP7k5xOMBWAI9hCnLXh6R8vB0Tpti2RgX4xaevo6JPwwGdCsz4RFyQvuC19B66fYT0NAusOL9YABpoR_G3xyQ=w1281-h887-no

Last edited:
I really like your smoke reshoot! Big beard, big tattoos, nose ring and odd hair, just enough OOF to see the subject is the smoke, not the hipster at the grill (y)

Sorry but I've got a couple of nit-picks with pleasure, the bright blob top right (a face?) might benefit from a bit of cloning and for me it could do with a bit more DoF and/or focus a bit more forward so the hair/ear are more in focus. That said it’s a nice bright image and we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t find that pleasurable

Smoke is bang on theme and well captured.

Pleasure, a nice and well timed shot of the fellow tog. Smoke reshoot is a good clear shot David (y)
(y)
I like the smoke reshoot (y) not so keen on pleasure (n)
(y)
I really like your smoke reshoot! Big beard, big tattoos, nose ring and odd hair, just enough OOF to see the subject is the smoke, not the hipster at the grill (y)
(y) ... I was, still am, thinking the "odd hair" could be cropped just above the eyes, drawing your eye to the bbq more. I've already cropped a sticky-up tuft on top.
Sorry but I've got a couple of nit-picks with pleasure, the bright blob top right (a face?) might benefit from a bit of cloning and for me it could do with a bit more DoF and/or focus a bit more forward so the hair/ear are more in focus. That said it’s a nice bright image and we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t find that pleasurable
Yes there's another face in the picture, didn't think in mattered, thought it even added something maybe. And perhaps you are right about the dof being a bit shallow, I was aiming at the camera, a pleasure we all share, didn't notice till I got back home that his ear might have been better focused. I met this bloke at The Photographer's Gallery and we walked to Covent Garden where we both spent an hour wondering around. He liked the architecture and the buskers whereas I like shots of the less obvious. I thought I'd end up posting THIS for the theme but then thought there's nothing more suitable than a camera!

Last edited:
Cute little peg, well separated from the background, I find the front peg a little dominant but I have a personal thing about OOF foreground elements and it gives a good sense of scale

Nice peg shot, and the middle peg is indeed tiny!

You like a peg don't you, and to be fair it is tiny
.... been saving this one since last Christmas ... knew it would come in handy. But yes, I've posted a couple of memorable peg shots in previous years. :)

Cute little peg, well separated from the background, I find the front peg a little dominant but I have a personal thing about OOF foreground elements and it gives a good sense of scale
I know what you mean Chris, I generally don't go in for OOF FGs. I took a number of shots - as one does - and found I really like this OTT in-yer-face FG, so went with it.

Nice Tiny dOOD, but I think Id have preferred it minus the foreground peg tbh.

Like it, great dof. A Tiny little guy.
Hahaaaa Tiny is excellent David :D perfect DoF and what a great prop too (y)
Nice use of DOF, maybe a little under exposed, but what a cute peg.
Like your tiny shot, well thought out and great use of SDOF. (y)
Nice Tiny dOOD, but I think Id have preferred it minus the foreground peg tbh.
Thanks guys (y)

week 26 ~ Face .... been down to Brick Lane today on the lookout for a face ... got loads, but posting just the one. No cloning or anything more than a touch of the Picasa Lomo-ish effect.
9hMpd7DPZcqVhWFr4mSvhxn9v8x6b8MjHp6vAm7tTNPsDWN6yoDsFgV67XVi3yEYyf9CKrLW745ZAQ1Q2XqXbo8vmxY0A56DdjaxMzYKaHUETJAYDNzMx-vk1LcqRIk32mAws2r9DTD5SzOuoKPZMf6_HNIUVXrCgfXph-QyDHp_SlaHVLrNa7SyC-qvcKLkDOyhYL4L0bvMWpsKbID3L2ydflEHY0YVvXFbVnJYwpjH4hcfy4ynEuxLa8BrZMvu6sxnJGOg5S8-Kv53EUJ6VIKP6kMA_2hO0fzHOJU1vr49EHkp-pxFG9skvgtw9e4-sFQzPcT_01DunYK5YeH7ZBO3l-4fwpRuy9L5UqE1b3UiTWqPmt4AXTULGslkjIIqhoPu1nUmSwaCtjFbMt6ndxr_6nsiZEULO7hL64NSXC8pBXxF7e9FRXYR6_V65eUQnxlsJQ0heC6FesI6J_KTMMI2qt3KBcnf61ndaqS6tWlZYPCuQ_cs3TyKD7b3R4Ki32kgt-iS-DJKcBS7DuH0_jNVgMhwk-_rY0d_N1jL7QSiegADW5VPsns5VpJutp6BdwmnSDvrcYlQOI_H9I84CSoTwwoINYILqh2SWT76vs8ClbFA9kyEIhKVUqZ2zxUAbe1QyOI5okialJN8rZG_YVQv9xykPfkS8767NfJaNw=w1323-h887-no

Nicely framed face David, good bright colours and like how the bricks go with the whole of the shot (y)
A nice street shot that David, I like that you have kept in the street to the rhs to add context, and the lamp posts help frame it too, like it (y)
Thanks guys (y) It took me ages to decide how to crop this: include a little more or a little less street RHS? the road name on the brick wall above the One Way sign? Yes, No? But now I'm pleased with the result.

Last edited:
Very cute little peg, nice bg and dof. It did make me smile :) I like face too, I think you got the cropping right. There are lots of details and probably a hundred ways to do it differently but this way there are just enough details to but it in context. Nice bit of art too :D

A nice street shot that David, I like that you have kept in the street to the rhs to add context, and the lamp posts help frame it too, like it (y)

...And yet I dont ? Funny old world...

Nice shot of the "face" though

David,
Isn't it customary to add links back to your thread? ;)

Pleasure - Evidently that tog isn't doing the 52 ;) Photos for pleasure indeed! Nice use of shallow DoF.
Smoke (Re-Shoot) - Definitely on theme. A bit Hoxton for me though. I like the use of the pipes on the right to shift him into the left 3rd of the frame.
Tiny - Chuckle. Good to see a non obvious shot.
Face - Great find. I think the touch of lomo works well. :)

Nice vibrant face, well spotted, I agree that it's good to have the context and processing suits.

Very cute little peg, nice bg and dof. It did make me smile :) I like face too, I think you got the cropping right. There are lots of details and probably a hundred ways to do it differently but this way there are just enough details to but it in context. Nice bit of art too :D
Thank you Missy yeah I first worked on more OOF BG street than the FG brick wall but now pleased I've got the artwork more prominent.

...And yet I dont ? Funny old world...

Nice shot of the "face" though
Funny old world :D

David,
Isn't it customary to add links back to your thread? ;)

All my Links are working aren't they, or it that just your excuse for not visiting my thread for weeks on end? ;)

Pleasure - Evidently that tog isn't doing the 52 ;) Photos for pleasure indeed! Nice use of shallow DoF.
The Photos for Pleasure TP section always made me laugh, I don't know any other sort.

Smoke (Re-Shoot) - Definitely on theme. A bit Hoxton for me though. I like the use of the pipes on the right to shift him into the left 3rd of the frame.
Westfield W12 thanks ... I was expecting someone to complain about the pipes. :D

Tiny - Chuckle. Good to see a non obvious shot.
non obvious ..... we aim to please.
Face - Great find. I think the touch of lomo works well. :)
Cheers Tim ... I haven't used the Lomo tool in a long time, I used to love it, use it a lot.

You know me not keen on the street photography thing but I do think thats very good indeed (y)

Now that I'm caught up on photos I should try to catch up on commments a bit! Sorry I've been so lax. Just looking at the more recent stuff, the tube train is my preferred shot for Transport; it has people, it has motion and they're probably the two main ingredients in transportation. Minimalist is pretty much the image that popped into my head when I first read the theme so thanks and well done for turning it into reality. "Progress" obviously says many things to many people but I've never really got to grips with pictures like this that don't have an obvious subject. Which is quite the opposite of Pleasure, although in that case I wonder if it might work more for me if I could see what he was taking a picture of. The re-shoot of smoke is a beaut; the lighting and DOF highlight the smoke so there's no question what the photo's of, but there's plenty enough detail and character in the background to retain interest way beyond that - plus those two columns on the right frame it almost like a graphic. Love it! Tiny's well-shot and raises a smile. I like Face too, almost like she's peering out the window at the rest of the scene. Good work, keep it up!

You know me not keen on the street photography thing but I do think thats very good indeed (y)
Thanks Allan ... just a hint of human existence.

Face, wonderful colour, I like the inclusion of the One Way...not sure why.
Me too. And just above that is a round blue sign with an arrow, right next to that is the road name on the wall ... things I intended including but had the effect of shrinking the face as I zoomed out.

Now that I'm caught up on photos I should try to catch up on commments a bit! Sorry I've been so lax. Just looking at the more recent stuff, the tube train is my preferred shot for Transport; it has people, it has motion and they're probably the two main ingredients in transportation. Minimalist is pretty much the image that popped into my head when I first read the theme so thanks and well done for turning it into reality. "Progress" obviously says many things to many people but I've never really got to grips with pictures like this that don't have an obvious subject. Which is quite the opposite of Pleasure, although in that case I wonder if it might work more for me if I could see what he was taking a picture of. The re-shoot of smoke is a beaut; the lighting and DOF highlight the smoke so there's no question what the photo's of, but there's plenty enough detail and character in the background to retain interest way beyond that - plus those two columns on the right frame it almost like a graphic. Love it! Tiny's well-shot and raises a smile. I like Face too, almost like she's peering out the window at the rest of the scene. Good work, keep it up!
Thanks for the considered crit Nick ... all making perfect sense, including your comment on "Progress" .... something went wrong there, it seemed a good idea at the time but after posting I realised I must have had the "Proceed" word (?) in mind and not the Progress word.:D

Back