weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

week 36 ... You

n2LIQGFMRgozDrjWWolLkVLirt0bnkl0n2JCq0Zm022QrB1xrSSgGrcEPvCmdR4hLZHLzZ2dNdOT3InMlTWtbU2hj22XSjnIxywyJZI7BSuOgmp8vxun7xEUWDH6GxElH1ztYODVbZdlN98TLWHg8GjBG-1MlPzXRE4LBiuyRzl64o0DykW7_Kq5zxTM3wbCzjJVxke9yeX6DMIDp9CqS3ZHWAEqQMPCCPt0-xJzpH0mC9t5iA8TfJ78L8Gh_1uPQkZhN5OVppjJ5nQZDqNzjFYriVhR_63wOGLeTF4s4SlP8Cv0VYDTTQQNcDuxmu03w8RWYht56dIdpH5FXynmBvNJAF5DatfnuLHsKrWdbAf4OQlKrpmvpSxjqjKLW26aVbJ4qzDD69xdz0tTrl2g_uZOKbbhteZiZqfVxtKb-Z5hymLu_wzYakGnmw3nIUXy8ZEJGGH0t69aeTHbnKWJJMAuDPnULMOdig-i78PJ8fNRb0gS47TVEYSHyPdN1i_f5IiHgK2ABZSyHfTvfbdzZfVlgahcw4mBoV8lgJAiXzhGRpnzqoSa1x-8UGQJf0k4Plq8HDopAdfD7S47gyrYui4SjIPSBbAIZ5vYCOns77AINRacgD4ndiH0zs4IijA1GsAT7LD5dqwDHVL25MQ4T5XLV__MgibeyKbirqfy6GLibQ=w1344-h887-no

Interesting take on the theme, hansom new shoes and the biographical dictionary is a good choice for the theme but there's something about the book that looks a tad unreal if that makes sense, not sure what and that probably is being overly picky..

Interesting take on the theme, hansom new shoes and the biographical dictionary is a good choice for the theme but there's something about the book that looks a tad unreal if that makes sense, not sure what and that probably is being overly picky..
Thanks Chris ... the book may look a bit distorted, it's got 1600 very thin pages and the cover is thin and bendy too. Plus I edited out some light reflection on the spine.

Very unusual indeed, really like the detail in the shoe and also the Jean leg coming from the corner, cool background too setting it off, works for me (y)
(y)
Nice colours in that, and a very smart shoe. Very original.
(y)
I like the idea, some good detail and colours.
(n)
Good take on theme David :)
(y)
Find that combination slightly odd d00d ...is it me o_O I get the dictionary! I think I'd prefer a hand to a foot ...feel free to totally ignore me :)
(y)
Thanks all, and @susiejb ... I know ... I'm just showing off my new shoes. :D

was trying to do something interesting with these Regent St arches yesterday but was a bit rushed and came away with nothing too great, went back this morning and it rained and because it rained I sheltered underneath and caught this ... which I like.

week 37 Arch
Pkt-9NJDvD07n3ehFrNhnnJV5DbvYayjgj7qZDJImJzqmw4l8K_4RIB6QMhdbIJgfIpNIMZ-iTPvSlV-0OPEZ_iFqQDJj5JF6noGSwC4huZxc1Jx49slI_fbGAOqYGfaYdGzxd0leJwDYbdOo9t1jaVGipedaZcG0iFoJK-g8h7ruQEi1V53HRQEcYMMJD76aSnZgELZ_E2dSGRFpjRtxKGERcBXJlG8xabhot5aOPwOVwGhgUuhmRm4LW14WSr2BOFqYQ23mT5lVedHGyVaR0TCCo6bfxoy-8II0CU1_ElkTXHgxgVZqrPDyhiCCHvQRR52tJM9oZXwV_nbryISp0Dx4vJuWE0zWsi5NqNmGgDT4eUM033lpOtK4kCTjj4hOMmVv8LHMiguL2hmhobandnMgQV8QQwXceyO0ZUDHYdYkzJdtQbbvVNYFHIdPH-XnR85VpqMywP9BNbUD1-E07gUiYXFVZMM6KGdEU8iDb9mZ1GWDIIw5iafG2XIaZuWFeYYD5gP7yT9yHEDlagKchGAGKWNDtRj_dZI8_tQajT_cp_fCWhUw2UGC4yIw13QoW5sisPql003ddgmQ8fM5QGeQRyD0QbTGQRhZn2WjKGabtCygM4yZtTcM52z_n9WaDroORdRIzGmEQQG2td3ch_Jx4bRBGDQB1s=w1322-h887-no

So do I David, a real London Street scene, absolutely full of little details including that annoying shirt company that keeps bombarding you with adverts even if you just look at their website:D All framed by the arch!

So do I David, a real London Street scene, absolutely full of little details including that annoying shirt company that keeps bombarding you with adverts even if you just look at their website:D All framed by the arch!

Thanks John ... I too was pleased with the detail. BTW your favourite annoying shirt company has a sale on. :exit:

Well you got the arches David even if it did rain, like that the shot is not too busy with people :)

Thanks Dave ... I'm pleased it did rain, makes for good street. A waterproof camera might be a good idea tho ..

Hi d00d! I think it's the vans that make the arch shot, they're lined up and spaced like they're on parade! Looking back through your recent stuff I like the peg shots for both contrast and piece (the latter particularly with the very cool water drops).

I like that and a big one too. :) Love the subtle reflections but the pink bags spoil the shot slightly.
Thanks Stan ...I thought about trying to get rid of those bags, or paint them, then decided they belong, balance the image, make in honest street!

Hi d00d! I think it's the vans that make the arch shot, they're lined up and spaced like they're on parade! Looking back through your recent stuff I like the peg shots for both contrast and piece (the latter particularly with the very cool water drops).
Thanks Nick ... it was a struggling trying to get minimal but interesting amount of traffic and pedestrians whilst shooting handheld with camera a few inches off the ground and include the top of the arch (something no one's mentioned yet) ... glad you like it! and the others mentioned. (y)

Last edited:
I like that, as the arch isnt actually the main part of the image.Lots to look at

As has been said it is an interesting image and the rectilinear building in the background provides a good counterpoint to the arch, may have been nice to have the top of the inner side of the arch but that's nit-picking.

Playing catch up again :)

Curve - What a great find. Great shape, really shown off well from your vantage point
Occupation - Very smiley happy girl. I like the crop but I think she needs to be looking straight on or into the picture for it to really work
You - Another different take on the theme, well shot and very nice new shoes they are too
Arch - I particularly like the reflections in the wet path. The rain certainly added to the shot, was worth the trip back.

:D

I like that, as the arch isnt actually the main part of the image.Lots to look at
Thanks Mark (y)

As has been said it is an interesting image and the rectilinear building in the background provides a good counterpoint to the arch, may have been nice to have the top of the inner side of the arch but that's nit-picking.
and thanks Chris ... not nitpicking ... I should have included the top and some of my shot did, but chose this one as it was good in other ways. :)

Playing catch up again :)

Curve - What a great find. Great shape, really shown off well from your vantage point
Occupation - Very smiley happy girl. I like the crop but I think she needs to be looking straight on or into the picture for it to really work
You - Another different take on the theme, well shot and very nice new shoes they are too
Arch - I particularly like the reflections in the wet path. The rain certainly added to the shot, was worth the trip back.

:D
Thanks for the comments Missy (y) ... and re Arch: I'll be back there in future, this is a great spot for "street" in the rain.

Yeah I like that David, shame it is clipped at the top slightly, but the main focus is what is going on in the arch, there is lots to see with interest, having the couple walk through, the mirrored signs, the flags, Van and rubbish bags all lend to a pleasing image for me of life in progress (y)

Hi David, I'm up to date again so just catching up on your images since my last visit.

I like so much about Occupation with all the details that establish a clear sense of place and purpose, and my only regret is that the lovely lady is looking out of the frame. Your extra image has a more conventional pose but I'm not sure about the OOF green stuff in the foreground. Nonetheless they are both colourful and natural and both show a genuine worker in her environment.

You is original and striking with that new shoe and the colourful book set against the plain background. I like the composition too, with the leg coming in from the top corner.

Arch is a cracker, and well worth your return visit. The arch frames a typical London scene and I do like the regimented shapes in the building opposite and the reflections on the pavement.

Hi David,

Occupation - I prefer the original more candid shot. No problem with the unconventional take with the young lady looking out of the photo, it makes it uncontrived (is that a word?)

You - Not what I expected, but then again, I've not taken my "you" yet, so I don't know what to expect. Nice sharp stufy of the blue socks ;)

Arch - Not really sure what to say. I can see symmetry and detail, but it doesn' jump out at me in the way others of your images do. I can't put my finger on it. Sorry.

Arch
Good job, I'd have like to have seen the top, but I guess it's not always possible to get everything in shot.
I like the couple on the left of the arch and the flags /banners in the top right.

Yeah I like that David, shame it is clipped at the top slightly, but the main focus is what is going on in the arch, there is lots to see with interest, having the couple walk through, the mirrored signs, the flags, Van and rubbish bags all lend to a pleasing image for me of life in progress (y)
cheers DK (y)
Hi John,

Arch for me works but shame you didn't get the top in but guessing it was tricky as you were taking from inside, but lots to look at. :).
and Nigel (y)

Hi David, I'm up to date again so just catching up on your images since my last visit.

I like so much about Occupation with all the details that establish a clear sense of place and purpose, and my only regret is that the lovely lady is looking out of the frame. Your extra image has a more conventional pose but I'm not sure about the OOF green stuff in the foreground. Nonetheless they are both colourful and natural and both show a genuine worker in her environment.

You is original and striking with that new shoe and the colourful book set against the plain background. I like the composition too, with the leg coming in from the top corner.

Arch is a cracker, and well worth your return visit. The arch frames a typical London scene and I do like the regimented shapes in the building opposite and the reflections on the pavement.
Thanks Andrea ... You're right about Occupation. I should have come up with something better. Thanks so much for all your feedback. (y)

Last edited:
Hi David,

Occupation - I prefer the original more candid shot. No problem with the unconventional take with the young lady looking out of the photo, it makes it uncontrived (is that a word?)

You - Not what I expected, but then again, I've not taken my "you" yet, so I don't know what to expect. Nice sharp stufy of the blue socks ;)

Arch - Not really sure what to say. I can see symmetry and detail, but it doesn' jump out at me in the way others of your images do. I can't put my finger on it. Sorry.

Cheers Tim ... I've been keeping quiet about "You", pretending there might be some hidden meanings, but .... a shoehorn required!

Arch
Good job, I'd have like to have seen the top, but I guess it's not always possible to get everything in shot.
I like the couple on the left of the arch and the flags /banners in the top right.
Thanks Dominic ... (y)
Works well for the theme d00d ...nice angle and that's a lovely bit of brickwork in that arch, and it shows it off well.
Thanks susie ... those arches do photograph well. HERE is another shot of another arch further down the street.

Last edited:
I like how you've used the arch to frame the shot David, nice work

I like your display, nice colours and well framed

Display, sorry not keen on the border and the bread looks over done and over priced :D Interesting shelving arrangement though.

Display is a very good shot David, nice colours and clear/sharp :)
(y)
I like your display, nice colours and well framed
(y)
That's nice David. Did you put the wood texture border on it? £4.75 for a sourdough!!;):D
(y)
Display, sorry not keen on the border and the bread looks over done and over priced :D Interesting shelving arrangement though.
(y)
I like the border d00d, it adds to the rustic look, you'd need a good sharp knife for that bread, simple but effective choice for the topic.
(y)

Thanks guys yes over done and over priced. I rarely do borders but this is, of course, two pictures, and I thought I needed something to separate them.

The border works well to link the two images, David, and they're both interesting subjects, but I wonder if you could have just used the image of the jam jars? Lots to look at in that one alone, with the different colours and the shiny reflections from the lids. Just a thought, and they do work well together :)

Back