weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

The border works well to link the two images, David, and they're both interesting subjects, but I wonder if you could have just used the image of the jam jars? Lots to look at in that one alone, with the different colours and the shiny reflections from the lids. Just a thought, and they do work well together :)
... funny you should say that Andrea ... The jam jars ... all that's needed, no explanation required. I think I over did it with the loaves.

Last edited:
... funny you should say that Andrea ... The jam jars ... all that's needed, no explanation required. I think I over did it with the loaves.

Haha, when I fisrt looked, I just assumed the line between was a cheap chipboard shelf ! Oops, didnt realise...

I do prefer the jars alone idea as I think its a better display.

Haha, when I fisrt looked, I just assumed the line between was a cheap chipboard shelf ! Oops, didnt realise...

I do prefer the jars alone idea as I think its a better display.

Nice that David, especially like the way you have lined up the peg holes, a very effective farm shop type product shot (y)

Thanks guys, I've been playing with borders, put the thinnest black line around the two separate pictures ...

3Hk5aBr40CWgXbC-ET8IFM4YPfysvMKvGhL3VIa-AGGwfRzE2oDFtyQ2V-5JiZ-_ycz6NBjOfN847dzQGAhkalzjbLUFNMMxZ2Cka7gTjgHOHI-DN5LZVMHFzVgZtebWX2iu6eG4TkbbRg6u28Mr1fWNlWYRvsvaOVsezZ0x3H8L3q4nr1C2rNBP8Ddc3FZZpQNHN_BGYLoXfnLh-aQIukCgml6XeOK--UdLwHPP0LCrrrfQ2iRe53gkyMaN49K813pwtVHciZAWVlDjKGYaIfEs3tKpYg_jiHQamN6Zw58UKLVjUhn3PLqLDcRVLPTh9LghLcZXwXt3T9aJsekhAUVmgiIWo4tyQQSffirSRau7MntH60kAFLnhszm61fBAlGJ5L2lAtQvvLtjWb3LgOQ26v6n24CEfD0yaNbFcqv23qzeTynk7tTIFcWfz75cpzPrcnMlPQpe3k5HAS91b0K7282nWTOdTt2OhG4A3SiU7t-c8CU0Y2y63PzXYa7Mq3Uq0dzgkSgvNr-iQG09IOIrAJcw_uQkHX3lPkvzT2F7vEIxha5Rk5TAevWGWth930mOS6soXKOnHR8AyiGypo_ilMnGNXnUNc5ZM-UiB8WPSoELdiPl-hNWARTNvuV3EoHmzmLFzityV9E9tebC0UOccBTrJqKunAo0=w840-h887-no

Last edited:
It has a certain je ne sais quoi which I really like. Good idea leaving the gap under the bench in the frame.

It has a certain je ne sais quoi which I really like. Good idea leaving the gap under the bench in the frame.

Yes there's something a tad je ne sais quoi about this new garden room at the Library Bar. :D

Took me a few seconds to notice the connection to the theme there David, interesting and different take, it works well.
Thanks Michael (y) ... yes, after curve and arch, Bent - in some ways - proved a bit challenging.

Well it is Bent so I guess you get away with that one d00d :) nicely lined up with the plant and the sugar, I love that little menu clipboard.
(y)

That's very different and very subtle for the theme but well spotted.
(y)

Cheers guys ... well spotted ... don't know about that ... an innocent menu got bent in the name of art.

bent, I rather like that, quite quirky, some of the LHS maybe.

Wooden, lovely detail. I might have used the lion as more of a focal point.

Cheers.

Lovely warm tones and good details in the wood carving. I'm guessing the crop hides distracting details and it works given the shape of the frieze .

That's a beautiful shot, David. Love the details of the carvings. Great colour and texture too and the letterbox crop works for this image. :clap:
You've captured the colour in the wood beautifully d00d, the close crop works really well, lovely carving too.
bent, I rather like that, quite quirky, some of the LHS maybe.

Wooden, lovely detail. I might have used the lion as more of a focal point.

Cheers.
Lovely warm tones and good details in the wood carving. I'm guessing the crop hides distracting details and it works given the shape of the frieze .
Thanks guys (y) This is a cupboard we have at home, I've photographed it before and had plenty of time to consider the perspectives. This is one of 3 or 4 I like, and I liked the idea of seeing through the lion's mouth, for what it's worth. I also like things letterboxy. :D

Really nice shot for wood, the colour is very nice

Wood - rich colours, good patina. I might have rotated picture a degree or so CW to make central line from left horizontal.

Wood - rich colours, good patina. I might have rotated picture a degree or so CW to make central line from left horizontal.
Thanks David ... good point about the rotation ... or is it! I've had another look and maybe 0.25 degree CW ... o_O

Thanks David ... good point about the rotation ... or is it! I've had another look and maybe 0.25 degree CW ... o_O

Thinking about it as the shot is not head on there should be some perspective both sides, perhaps it is the 'vertical' joint that drew my eye. I'm always shooting cock-eyed (I blame it on my astigmatism) so have to level in printing or pp and choosing what to be horizontal or vertical can be a puzzle.

Both from the BBC Media Village, White City this morning.

Week 41 ~ Wall

pIs-7gJPdmojO5UxaLdxXBuurUIpkhgVfP5kdadgbdpiq0qQBz2dnV25ZRJZENDnxePdkNVSFsrfxM7uFSmDnw0fWPUqJFBX3OqnaX-FyRsGM-dpogTceOyohcJ_e39PUQ1TshApaXcgjDHTiEkt2tnzOh3zyFrevYku7lJqqo_lePs7Fk0i5Ik4FVX9SSq4pOT4-aov_IZQwNXZRFd4Oc3LQ8baOKLqbpbW-pUJaGB7fPaDBtZ1XI-O0p6PErUM8SjAMw5EhZRofBkiLYJExIkrZov5XMVe5YxXVUS4IdW-a-AsQfWjKRzZeEQmQg1NSa1UKLYoiw5aj_BOWMcHTWVGQkWQUwfmMcSBqkdJnj6HeQo4sM-rbiXVLPGRwKjwlq8Kbsh_E8S0fNGnmTS7P8ooYGeoQXoCgPiGinbxsgbYrlYCOmF5rVnL9GWwJtNXm1qAqYUbRHl_i22EsIGaK_zZenO0-fRkUc0XOoWSUgPiq3acH38uhjMJsgkEZNOyANP-3oKvxVOQ_43EPGd53h0qGaMa6xwj3fsRBJGP-UaKN3AzLJRZ74PZp9xytihaen-iS9pqF_QzVJS0NP9qfTtGK7XCvkkrWqPoOW-aP9-kCy4CtrwzXjbyYHq5bkm70xjL-JbQXN3fykhTOh_gWIuIgiR6zAb95Ik=w740-h885-no

#1 EDIT Added 21/10/2017
Ggen-UZvHM9k4m7LaDVKCvL-lh2rcY8fu-3SC8bPLE9EQ3Va-ZbB5dqzYKqg7ARrcen1gm0Ik3j3CVm3c-2Q8T0SU83SbIhSJMHBarT4UbeXOQTEe3XWNcBV8twwR_H5iC6HZsCP3tNqXIOPVM_2RF-gEnY4u4KkDoUBvphrTnA4iIu6FgkOqIMXksLD-_uUSJgB7jZIloYUKWEvRc8AyISQ1obhAvwjXf0gQlyVJheeKJ5xn9bNG1WhMwMuL53-DmCIxcYkLxLD7qLKkQGJ_3CI2VFjqx65fmYOAabVAwzsOQaKXfyjD3AhDvhi1MIw22SKF8jqQQ1Bep8Er1N6U9GuyVwZ8QSrMY4DWBHpTEuiTBRmNA3zNhdOEx4MR8M8ZFHddx-gqqMKNptgHumUv_-Mar5tl7VgA8lcVVYLNBJbke0ExmVsjQeTVUU3wd0CJjmw71E8untWXrmRigAMva_RPR4yTayTWjt1fzHP8wJdsyOvq8qnHn00pDpWtBPjphAGnKsJX9lXdYSMcinAvibwab5ibeu-iUrQdjrXo0bHr0QmmKUQisfeoe2bQT8lB-JkYNuMgU_0mtcA1AJbEELpZmUhk3Gyo2T8PWafn9QtQIGL7vniX0Wf12qvpxYzJIWmeFcqfATCYG3auONs5MA1wk_k57kFbRQ=w740-h885-no

42BUlAVIYzZ11GQizYZ5CMcnswHUot74bvKI0AqTAgS8brW8EApFRa5M6R3EVFixhR4j7XU3Kk_RVoJsNvAw4riLSWgfeg6EPOo1SMm_NVVK7ZRc-MHgl1pgmB4eAm3vBE5b278pPh8od-biBPFzgIAlgrNwHPAINXlPfG3cjtGKDok1FZtwUkP7VbJ8znB7DKg5mKXmSpovIrsERmxmVghJ0kY0dAHl0V108PEr6egdRmqxqRdSWkeiC-gK0zIGXquijLBaK99ULesZN8He8IetuvugUfAaBEOoqO-sUDEgC0418sV_oFRJ8h_NEwxX2KPfrKxhAaVfSgJ3-4VLOFdoPz5A3iLUDCiJkWEwSOHqyJwh6ral4XAEGUBlTQKosnFI0ZY4RqqxhGkFuZTEH_88Gw34hxO-oYyVpqi3thNHfu47qOcfDjIqozl74lnukFmZoC2Wa_1qYbc0n5eYMaeVA1uKpsNVymsP160bi87Yqd89wce085BhJUVKrFpAsjv7D5dyaO-DbA212xAwrj3u6VvgQquJ7LQOWNQXuRRKAVSDBOFv-0a_qkPIfLLDlE_ynFa5RiEM3M_VzPGGhe0FJkz9LZPGXU5vRGIK_PwT5V_fajbCGxn4nxpM_uu7l46eRr5Zva4ulmvslzmCGZBR7z9m7LuZBnI=w683-h885-no

Last edited:
Nice shots David. I like the reflection on the first image it looks cool

I like "bent" its typically you, nice bit of vandalism ;)

"wood" is a bit too wide I think

"wall" the first one is excellent, nice attention to detail :clap:

#1 for me too Dave. Great reflections. I like the structure in #2 and the contrast in the foreground figures and the poster behind. The lead figure does look like she's carrying a bucket however:D

I like "bent" its typically you, nice bit of vandalism ;)

"wood" is a bit too wide I think

"wall" the first one is excellent, nice attention to detail :clap:

Ah Allan good to see you ... been missing your pics and your succinct & honest crit. (y)

#1 for me too Dave. Great reflections. I like the structure in #2 and the contrast in the foreground figures and the poster behind. The lead figure does look like she's carrying a bucket however:D
Thanks John ... I know what you mean about the bucket. ;)

#1 for me too David, great reflection :)
Cheers Dave. I'd forgotten about the water features at the beeb, was told no photography last time I was there 3-4 years ago, was back there yesterday and was pleased to get the above shot after a couple of dozen mediocre & wonky shots.

Oooo another contender for my fav images for the theme, both of yours in a similar vein but differnet too, I love the colour and reflection of the first but also the B&W and colour combination of the second, as well as the printed character waling in a different direction to the people... both images have great composition, with 3 characters (ish) in both, love them :clap:

Hi David,

Display - Oh, so it was two shots. Had me on that one.
I think I would have gone with just the Jam part, because of the colours whereas the bred is very uniform.

Bent - Did you vandalise the sign for your shot? I think we deserve to know the truth young man! Not sure on these claims of it being tenuous. I think it's bang on theme. Good use of shallow DoF but still allowing us to make out the background.

Wood - Nice bit of texture, nicely aged wood and plenty of detail.

Wall - #1. for the detail, how unusual it is and the reflections.
What do we say about cutting off peoples feet though? ;)
I may have upped the vibrancy / contrast a little? What do you think?

Bent
Well seen and like that there's more to this than just the menu.

Wood
Some good texture and detail in the wood.

Wall
They are both great photo. A bit like your bent photo, I like that there's more to them than just the theme.

Back