weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Thought I'd replied earlier but must not have clicked on post. Anyway, perhaps a tad bright at the top against the light on the fruit but I do like the red on green in the lower half, good take on the theme and a pleasing photo none-the-less
That's a great idea for the theme and nice use of background too. Agree with what Chris said about the slight uneven light.

Thanks chaps. I tried different EVs and settled for this one ... deliberately over exposed to bring out some juicy detail. That white patch is one big blown highlight.

Last edited:
Works nicely against the blurred background.
Probably not possible (at least without that magical art of the focus stacking), but I think I would prefer the straws in focus too.
Nice colours with the reds and greens complimenting each other really well.

Works nicely against the blurred background.
Probably not possible (at least without that magical art of the focus stacking), but I think I would prefer the straws in focus too.
Nice colours with the reds and greens complimenting each other really well.
Thanks Tim(y)

You are right ... those straws don't look too sharp, perhaps I could have upped the f. #

but looking at my straw collection (from McDonalds mostly) they are oof to the eye.

Juicy is a nice picture David, like the colours and the bg is nicely blurred.
Cheers Michael. (y)

49 ~ Broad way

Xg52v8FUeylRys2ajRG3v13bcHiXmcwKfTjlszoeh65bh5v-4b71i90nTGm_f_A46eNtx8m8G3oYSD_7MTS9rY_idft2buGxfRphACvi1Wxq5BiHoF1EZP9P4UiJ0BaIVDaCGzRizi2bj5ho_1qla7Dg_6AxP_T_0fVxs3_PuQrnjIOBsv7yoi14_OYLB8mQIHRgYXaWgxjvT296c8q4q3LGbWlsZLt5_EGxxR5KxlrI0fQNovncUUvf-Ztw-L5uID6PZ9e8z_y_IpWjtueKSVP9_-lcpcGuO5m0PF8-eLfVDcLuUyJavXpPQWBsufQftkyYqGSolbgxuFRFWhtTyVqbDaqgRS9RrgB7fcEEU0Dz9_iffyJa3lS1lrmUj997BeaYN_e-eMuCbueaeq1-4vZ5lEIb4T1_TRPXqQVuUnm4tPJxREbstTG7s_Waq5sdrg3wMJXkCEdrRinBd-IqCCCUQE78nIr1r89zVu1sJTw-WIrhNrhTuhDJPkwSfIxE0roWdCIOVx3BPTavyc4oecytWxzQxURU0WB2lYgTAeqPrjlpcpLDsuXlhdVt4hmPJTZFLk-DFaFGnc9OvNb6o_FkaI6nvs8h-vLqdBa0jew0N-ZAt3a59DdHzE_a5FMrfNmsmk5KzEhfhaH8XlrUuLi_ZBTJ5YD6V2k=w1353-h885-no

EDIT .... 14/12/2017 15:15 added another ..... HERE

Last edited:
A bit off the bottom and a little more of the foreground building would be my only bit of crit

I like it, nice and simple (in a good way), a good blurry background and deep red fruity, juicy drink.

No need to ask where this one was D.... :)...good idea for the theme, altho I was expecting Tooting for some reason....

Very good David, I was wondering if there was anywhere local called broadway, and the only place I could think of was the old London Transport HQ.
This works well, sharp yet has motion blur showing people rushing about.

Really like broad, nice and bright, busy, good light and the broad-way itself in the foreground, very good photo for the theme.

A bit off the bottom and a little more of the foreground building would be my only bit of crit

Thanks ... I took lots, some with pedestrians in mind, some with cars in mind. This is one I like because of the long shadows in FG.

I like it, nice and simple (in a good way), a good blurry background and deep red fruity, juicy drink.

Thanks ... it's grapes in watered down wine ... it works, I think, just about. ;)

No need to ask where this one was D.... :)...good idea for the theme, altho I was expecting Tooting for some reason....

Tooting Bec ... I think I drove thru there on the way to Gatwick. ;)

Very good David, I was wondering if there was anywhere local called broadway, and the only place I could think of was the old London Transport HQ.
This works well, sharp yet has motion blur showing people rushing about.

Ah yes .. St James's. I could have done that but didn't want to encourage you. ;)

Really like broad, nice and bright, busy, good light and the broad-way itself in the foreground, very good photo for the theme.

(y)

Liking your broad shot, nice blur of some of the folk moving with the focus on the broad way sign.

(y)

That's a nice picture for the theme David, plenty going on, great exposure, perhaps a little off the bottom.

Plenty going on for sure (y)

Thanks all .... I want to show you another, one you might like with less FG this time .... Look HERE

Do I see the marks left by a shoe horn around the edge there? That said I do really like the image and top marks for colour matching the lizard to the wood

Do I see the marks left by a shoe horn around the edge there? That said I do really like the image and top marks for colour matching the lizard to the wood
Shoe horn marks!!! I can't imagine what you mean. ;) But pleased you like it Chris.

Liking this rustic shot David, the lizard really blends in well with the wood.
... and Dave (y) .... I am pleased with the warm tones something done by adjusting on camera WB, nicer than anything I can achieve in PP

Its a well composed image of a plastic sorry rustic lizard it works but I have to agree with the shoehorn bit above

Hi David, I'm not sure if it's a shoehorn or not, but I do like the simple nature and composition of Rustic and the way the lizard matches its background.

Of your other recent images, I really like the colours, architecture and reflections in Height, and you can't tell it's not a high building as there is a strong sense of looking up at the architecture and then further to the sky. I also really like Juicy. I think the backlighting shows off the strong reds of the fruit and the straws and provides some nice highlights in the glass, and to be honest I didn't notice the background until reading other comments. For me, it conveys the theme very effectively (y)

Hi David, I'm not sure if it's a shoehorn or not, but I do like the simple nature and composition of Rustic and the way the lizard matches its background.

Of your other recent images, I really like the colours, architecture and reflections in Height, and you can't tell it's not a high building as there is a strong sense of looking up at the architecture and then further to the sky. I also really like Juicy. I think the backlighting shows off the strong reds of the fruit and the straws and provides some nice highlights in the glass, and to be honest I didn't notice the background until reading other comments. For me, it conveys the theme very effectively (y)
Hi Andrea ... good to see you around, I always enjoy getting your feedback. (y)

I really quite like the colour matching you've achieved with this. Nicely thought out and executed.
It can't be a shoe-horn, there are no locos in the shot!
Thanks Tim .... it can't be a shoehorn, you tell 'em, you should know. ;)

Hi David, I like it, isn't it great when something is useful! Nice colour match. I would be tempted to crop the slim pieces of flooring out on either side.
Thanks Michael (y) ... interesting point about cropping the sides .... to avoid half boards?

Hi David, so far behind I'm not going to comment on individual pictures but I do love to see all your city pictures, you are so lucky to have so many fantastic buildings close by. Having said that I really like the juicy one, the red looks great against the oof bg and I like the lizard on the rustic floor, it should be a chameleon as he blends in so well :D

Hi David, so far behind I'm not going to comment on individual pictures but I do love to see all your city pictures, you are so lucky to have so many fantastic buildings close by. Having said that I really like the juicy one, the red looks great against the oof bg and I like the lizard on the rustic floor, it should be a chameleon as he blends in so well :D
Thank you Missy dear (y)

.... not up to standard I know so not expecting anything in the way of discussion PABD it will soon be next year.

51 ... it's a Festive dec innit
qRMHrmM9xCwfi7fmC2hCxYJeWe-pITwaIGqEuyftekgpaziEHa8ouPonlDaqW9VPmKfoit7yJHf4tLJzPiHIh18AHzkmb_IQl4fabaL2zDsco0duajuhojSYRtp-UzcUb0T09fbSRuFHgGaR9mpNg85hK8NUGNScSqRLoHUISobudvDp56iSZnfyxO5W9wUv4KuTo03yXinR6kXMbV8N8dRSq7DsEs7Kxv8ANVctVvHUXijxUb9gPVxTjs4NMFRrax20k-FJBD7KnyR7lpQVLa0pVSfyWJPmd8-02spZDmNUesxsE56bcGQvWZdkHHjT0x2JiQbT7xT6SS14243EeVVaLPmMxIQ1dIAjnx2beGfYDxLf3rc8HElPIlOD93uAtVMV9ehtml_UwiTmj004FmzP44aT1GqqwNe2FBRhdfQ5cSoFYWY4pddp7XI4BduVTQ3LPMoxTrUIrG9AgY6frY1QHMttoRGR2UDNJECMOCQURj7HBrZS8IFTh06Qslj1BgsF4AOs-mSJrQ7ZbbSbSAoD6ixlVMY0Qd-qW8pWutcXoj2Mx0CJdbVs_9WjkbMoWrgV3lSZKLC1bX0iGtKvneZ5A6FlRUvJli9aXeld4lt4pEHkNDtQei5_vF01t4pJe6WjoQnJVJjEvdXNRJNdYO73rxFP8MJt=w1185-h885-no

52 ... my brother's snow covered shed ... flipped, rotated, rainbowed and thoroughly Weathered
rMZxD6WtTLAkg3Ez1Uutf3J0OhitVDQSn45ebV82ZRDS7qX0Xnou4u0FEaI_ROEHGZrVxi8KRhXfZJRAftm0XIx5UVw-KF1yxsNW9hqKVPKhXklas4WM-wfZyCBAHt9qpCoGTKLouOSEi1QshbX4BOZyr4bqqqZ_jgNgpAhSyh3rNFqGPbjIUFw5YCFamt5ACfuRZvLkFHCqC53myWu6OVv1AgD3H8n5Tl1lq6g25bhRAA3tqYgK5uoX039hUly0aA8DiuzjjpXbsNCggYetoWnJfbrTMoVH839Nz7GOlwYGLOfFwr6REPkuv4All12kgKOP1GJIICL-bkcAwO9bC22p7s5MOXNOQ3WqqEWrm386Nq0yeCOEev-w119eyzkWJNqKUjayUr4nwVsBnGhrZPsPJBRK_cwn_mr271FIF6RD9FPrvWbtagJ46mfpj1tua1vkCT8VNGvJ2fHN-hdUQGV_qTofLK8sw2e5UrwB92GZ9zhxRC9dqfvt-28-EFCyIq4TIhscUf0MJO3pFcg2WwVTlOXbySJuznMV2K4ndLsMR-pmYAqZ8P2bCCHgyZrFoKrJsYZE5SX884u4P4iqw30AyKJeQ0ei244bjtGls5w0r9WyjYkU2iBDFi1jjlR2f22rrCTtESkKMENI5oZrXF40pKNwWXwL=w1257-h885-no

Last edited:
For me there is something Andy Warhol about the shed, good way to end a good year. And I've never seen a mirror ball bauble, interesting take.

Well done for getting to the end d00d, though i do feel you could have been far more creative with that Festive dec, hopefully this will feature in next years project? (y)

I think you took two nice shots David, I really do like the rainbow shot, nice colours.
Thanks Dave

For me there is something Andy Warhol about the shed, good way to end a good year. And I've never seen a mirror ball bauble, interesting take.
... a good year ... thanks Chris

Nothing wrong with Festive and fits the theme. I wasn't too wrong when I saw the Weather shot and thought it's something to do with garden shed.
Thanks Stan ... the shed is more a garage with a new tiled roof, taken from an upstairs window. The snow settled but not between the lines of tiles. Back to the drawing board with my rainbow snow idea.

well done for finishing d00d (y)
Cheers Allan. See you next year. (y)

Well done for getting to the end d00d, though i do feel you could have been far more creative with that Festive dec, hopefully this will feature in next years project? (y)

(y) Frank .... I think the xmas fantasy interfered with the creative juices. Looking forward to the new year.

Rustic - its got a Gecko in it, of xourse Im going to like it !
Festive - I kind of like the gritty detail in the bauble tbh...
Weathered - hmmm....

Back