weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
... I've gone and done it now. There's no backing out! :eek:

My Rules

1. No archive shots, all done in the week that was.
2. Erm ...

Last edited:
week 0 ~ Your/My Area = Hammersmith
-AaBi9P9LwPo38kIUcON6Q9wq-Dmi6Z7H8hcDn6e_ANYJSgmLCygn8kgvCq-PGRNd3OzQyeMiXYJgFH-wUr8ABbbIDjsIOjXVcmN_I9pm872R7VP-K8ssihqE_3hJsdpv44z7TizEjIwKV_2QDY17FD9OIRgEZg34oqXUX-JXiiPBJQgfizYpWvoOjUTdGSKz_0jDVGTxsuv5TrdMMGJFvAxGwSA2PNkRWvr7R77rLzpIHv_YFzeLubNn6TKAUM7JgUiSAiYpdfBYDe7pyst7KjytjcJWwTiTFA9SVGMck5gXloVMfZ5kOQu5JpCqxFslvO0herhajzLtpDTY81aUzy-UNiF7yAN1XMIqfjCct_T6k1M5mVuAUJErs92XRQv1x5FxCUHqznEbH1kEDHPljQ2Neanb6XBe9TSfobBpcjlzvVJTU6qvrlpAf6ZNCXCBG7u5IZjPaj_xrvgpxsiTwSMC89PdTj6qjlZGrGqqgm3r6c8676xGxcdx5xI8s5sxbTW2vI2GlTRuyGuUjnxQRjz_Gwaxn02gSRyCzESFnrBhPCQxEmkYP8glpBbtgMB_nVbDu_1b6neYh-yxaWlYInU_Txzye2rmac48jY=w1087-h769-no

... and HERE is the alternative take.

Last edited:
Very nice shot Sir, well composed, good exposure, and some nice colours.(y)

George.

Really like that, lovely colours, interesting skyline, nicely framed.

Typical flat sky and rubbish weather of late I see....

Not sure about the edit tho.....

Like that shot best David. Lovely sky and I like the three horizontals in the composition

Typical flat sky and rubbish weather of late I see....

Not sure about the edit tho.....
Good things come to those who wait. And after trekking across Hammersmith bridge twice yesterday the clouds opened a little for a few seconds, illuminating those facades nicely.
The alternative take I quite like for different reasons .... add "Ink Sketch" and you kill the sky but it brings out detail, like the names of the pubs.

Rubbish, that's Balamory (Tobermory), don't try to trick us in week 0 @d00d ;)

(Click the link - I dare you)

:D Balamory and Hammersmith have many things in common, but we don't get snow storms like that. Tho I was lucky to survive gale force winds on that wonky bridge yesterday.

Lol :LOL:. I can see what he means lovely colourful shot.
Nice shot to start your 2018 challenge. Good composition with the scene divided into thirds.
week 0 - round your area, a great start to your challenge some nice interesting looking buildings in the image.
Like that shot best David. Lovely sky and I like the three horizontals in the composition

Thanks guys (y) ... I'm now temped to get the paint brushes out like I did for rainbow snow before xmas. :D

Very nice start to your 52 David love the colours and I actually like the edit too

Your area, a nice colourful shot David plus a good sky too.
Cheers Dave
Very nice start to your 52 David love the colours and I actually like the edit too
Hi Mark ... thank you, I like that illustration effect edit too ... had to post that link.
Good shot David. Nice to see some bright colours and a bit of blue sky.
Hello there Lee and thank you. Not much blue but there is a bit.
Nice start, Dave (y) A super moody sky above, while the light on the front of the buildings brings out the brighter colours, all sandwiched by some very cold-looking water.
Thanks Andrea. Yes it's a sandwich with a lot up top, I don't normally do 'scapes, skies and things like that.

... getting in early this week, well it is such an uncomplicated theme. I've always thought this spot in a local park would make a good photo one day. Visited yesterday, took one with the BG OOF'd out. As much as I like OOF, I thought I could make something more of it, went back this morning and captured this ...

Week 1 ~ Gated
uSQTOTnmEo4bcguMnwDFURr_htP3yUXmqxP3ys6yp-7tUBHD0RzRFQ0h_yKqDK3LFrGGFYg_4r9We8v0P-0byUl06FnVQgvEGPB6fzGd0pJcwo5GV1khiJJnJ-tPAqowvEDX2a1qiHYyLEczKOpP_Hhu_tQx0DBgrbJ94RxJgdRTqbPat6Sp4fOnLLex4Ky1hgfFZ90GrQhqT5NlOsYv81mz7P6Cz1jBG7b_-JID8nICofB_GnDTli22tiuxZx0-xreLa9LJAKkp0-7a2rPiNGGKlrh-lH99KL9XVTfBXaxKbdLWDLk4DTVyLn-qwTDgErUWARZ2vt3GQlA79KuuWc1Evgj_vH8jbjEeQ0gjrQD1AEK6ZY9FIbebJSReXhS9DoF8OQxgg6HRjbSrvbDPiRagYpNR33a7f6hqbfmqQoEnGolYcXr0DXKPmWzXtL2bvWhMsiwrIUrfB7hLNp5ienyHlPIZh8jGPBg3h4dnGE57pBfhLvR_VSuT8k2DZpyvBmOXrCBNenvFiYqkkmNDQJLjjhxQZl2ouTplmP6QkFAgPY83k_3tVJE2T07HCrGtjc1_5SN6ijaDa4AezxtV577XgqiCl3NT2uAktkM=w1323-h885-no

I think you did the right thing, the inclusion of the path along with the padlock gives it a sense of story, nicely done.

The dark bars and the bright padlock grab the eye straightaway, David, and the gap between the bars is lined up nicely with the curve in the path to lead you through the scene. Some attractive glimpses of green leaves and blue sky in the distance cap it all off very well; works for me :)

Last edited:
Its a gate, I do agree its such an uncomplicated theme, the close up works and with the in focus BG its kind of inviting you in

Hi David,

your area - very nicely done and what an unusual collection of different buildings.
gated - I like that this is a close up of the gate. It really works to make you want to go into the park

:D

Path makes a nice lead in.
Like your idea of a close-up shot and the inclusion of the padlock. I also agree with your thought of sharper background to give more context to the subject.
I think you did the right thing, the inclusion of the path along with the padlock gives it a sense of story, nicely done.
Gate, a good shot showing the shiny new lock and good dof to keep all in focus. Composition of the pathway is very nice and helps lead the eye past the gate, with a dash of blue sky to boot :)
The dark bars and the bright padlock grab the eye straightaway, David, and the gap between the bars is lined up nicely with the curve in the path to lead you through the scene. Some attractive glimpses of green leaves and blue sky in the distance cap it all off very well; works for me :)
Good shot and on theme D,I like the padlock inclusion...
Firsdt thing that truck me was the lock too. Good piece of composition to use both the path and the locking bar to lead to the lock :)
You managed to find some blue too !
Hi David, good idea to get as much in focus as possible, oof would looked to busy in the bg I think. I would try a portrait orientation/crop of it.
Nice view of Hammersmith for your area.
I like your gate, and the bright lock.
Its a gate, I do agree its such an uncomplicated theme, the close up works and with the in focus BG its kind of inviting you in
Like it with the padlock, simple and effective take on the theme.
Hi David,

your area - very nicely done and what an unusual collection of different buildings.
gated - I like that this is a close up of the gate. It really works to make you want to go into the park

:D
Gate(d) - a good close up shot and the angle you have shot the image at works well.

Thanks all for your comments (y)

Getting the compo I wanted wasn't too difficult, once I knew what I wanted, as it's a pair of gates I was able to move both. Not just FG path but also I like the LHS tree/s. I wanted the bolt in its entirety, complete padlock and a smidgen of light coming through the bolthole (no that can't be the word).

An interesting shot - I keep trying to imagine the shallow dof version and work out whether I'd have preferred it!

A nice shot of Hammersmith, great light, great sky (y)

As for you gate shot, sometimes it's nice not to have a shallow DoF. Works very well here, with the path leading the eye into the picture being entirely sharp.

HI David love the compostion you've used on Gate(d) the inclusion of the path really pulls you trough the gate and into the picture the padlock really helps you know its a gate your looking trough.

Path makes a nice lead in.
I like this one. It gives the impression as though you're going through the gate from a child's eye level.
child's eye (y)
An interesting shot - I keep trying to imagine the shallow dof version and work out whether I'd have preferred it!
A nice shot of Hammersmith, great light, great sky (y)

As for you gate shot, sometimes it's nice not to have a shallow DoF. Works very well here, with the path leading the eye into the picture being entirely sharp.
HI David love the compostion you've used on Gate(d) the inclusion of the path really pulls you trough the gate and into the picture the padlock really helps you know its a gate your looking trough.
Thank for the pleasing comments guys. (y)

Back