weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Week 5 ~ Ageing

6pOxFSyaSsXAo3x5jTSievC2Mdm0krydeJ6zY9xTZWDBZndYnOv05dyGUP2QojQyCsp8UxVhM9CsDCyywdbJJyR7c2DwwYvRV9o-CLtR5EqHU-v2K9tANFqt3_6QJwDz47sktQVHUcq3yIJeAkYgO7XDoXMr20PiBEY551WcUez4XwgYrX7cr32f2knzezMypJLOb1wdyVlM45dsb90VPbVeONWFYEAdJe4K_KM53zGMrij5yCCt_JvC-HBnXwUEGQITlJuGR7p4fcUV-BaZ_bwAd2WyesI-xII_TG2W_9G3Mt4hs-ek8HwIjuOb2x5AFepKXhw0nlv4LhHOslbS_ybu7qSmLzHWI2tW84JIDTa8jcZ2_SsIDYb6FSMIsP1VD_XuLwyQdEMTN1fKiGHTtvPByCdEc7uNTn_KWBCQmGXaem0Pt6grSeXoux1JYRwGUYYqVpbo8LnyfynUMCZSGgejmeUaEuty8bmHWL4RU-_5lcUOzrIfuqzzSMGMhwa5UPAtt2IBDYJCnrP2xk5j7i-uh6jH8BwYYAkZUL6bEh9jOiyCpMe5vbzfnPfnyjTMwDzEaB_8a7gaaICSegyIYUBIiRx78_fEK26LRfQ=w1920-h866-no

Last edited:
Can't quite make up my mind what they are but a nice colourful photo for the theme

They look like either plum tomatoes or peppers. Something a little different for the theme David lovely vivid colour.

Agree they are ageing and need to go in the bin, nice clear colourful shot David.
(y)
Can't quite make up my mind what they are but a nice colourful photo for the theme
(y)
Very red and definitely ageing I like it
(y)
They look like either plum tomatoes or peppers. Something a little different for the theme David lovely vivid colour.
(y)

Thanks guys ... they're tomatoes, and Ms d00d bought them 3 or 4 weeks ago for £1 and intends using them, or most of them, to make a sauce! I've just googled and I think an accurate description is: sweet grape tomatoes.

No wrinkly OAP street ....but perhaps a reshoot when it's warmer and there's more folk about.

Nice shot, great colours and good take on the theme. Some of those are looking decidedly dodgy :)

I like it and I like that you've filled the whole frame with them.

Very nice idea indeed, I love that you have filled the frame with them David, cool image for the theme, it would make a nice print for a kitchen :)
Cheers DK (y)

but I think I'll go for fat juicy little cherry toms with the green bits attached for the kitchen wall. :D

Great colours, great light and I like the crop (y) But I agree with @Dave70D they need to go to the bin...

Been out & about taking shots of sharp architecture, it was almost too sunny yesterday and too grey today, so ... another time. You can see my new pack of disposable razors instead.

Week 6 ~ Sharp
Lg9o7nZQ4FzCjfuMXD5GbEgca9ALJ2J4Eepc1gw1vtvLkAlDRKiRtMo_AR4n5Eh5UFYstfGvuuFaaJeg02nOgbwTcBuNqjjTSGwqXGL1kVxF_5ZuYoMoeuq8vknOxwNVwqA8qJTi7HLskYM_0xUnir8a3Qhk40yEn33feoifdyV9bgc6WhNA4OhYegVYWzKeEk23Yf3N7ijMt_wBea99eZMBV2yVzKp6RnaPrtswPf13H_geHWQLHiXwqTUCdZqZU8jlX00Ql-t2PsG-RwoNlK1rsOeFRaEMhmnLamxa2R1vnfxoDwQUkhKXJyQlvveyL1pKGnZYvFZ34QD_iOxhAw8KF4fOdmSG7p4KevKZ4VcM91aUC9_4On98axHlVpl_B0Rvh-Lr9QXiVHo8yCBUTe2VQU9DnKBdR0S1xli8RLreV2z1DbFInHKXJcqHjjOWTc1vJ_2PGNd6ErXyfKJ9uRHCNwP6Dlem5BviAQCjSM4IUMwB1lV2Ng1Tfw-yTAbmeuGwXUTffGeJ2xWPSxXNmTrdjUBeLfzSnBS0k0xfqyyuih9X-WyeqvqUIXfiATWg3CrRStwSG3yvbbjaQdttELm6h-82Hb9heBTHHo4=w1668-h885-no

Last edited:
Sharp nice take on the theme something a bit different the DoF works really well to pull your eye to the one razor, nice colours too.

Thanks Mark (y) ... I fiddled for ages, ended up with different compos, dofs and stuff, rejected this one, took some more, finally decided this was best. o_O You may know the feeling.

Thanks Mark (y) ... I fiddled for ages, ended up with different compos, dofs and stuff, rejected this one, took some more, finally decided this was best. o_O You may know the feeling.

I can image and yes I know that feeling well! Sometimes I wonder why we put ourselves through it :runaway:

Sharp
Good dof and composition and I like the simplicity of the colours.

Cracking shots for Ageing and Sharp David, love the reds in the Toms and I think you've cropped it perfectly!

Nice sharp image there, and a nice sharp blade too - on theme - well done

Great minds David, I tried with my mach three but gave up. You did well with the focus for sharp.
(y)
Sharp
Good dof and composition and I like the simplicity of the colours.
(y)
Cracking shots for Ageing and Sharp David, love the reds in the Toms and I think you've cropped it perfectly!
(y)
Nice sharp image there, and a nice sharp blade too - on theme - well done
(y)

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. (y)

Can't get much 'sharper' than that.

Certainly works for the theme (y) not sure on the composition a bit busy maybe

Your really nailed the light and focus on the one visible blade, spot on for the theme

Hey d00d,
Ageing - A lovely simple depiction in red. You've somehow made something which ought to be busy, look serene. The letterbox crop suits it.
Sharp - Not sure on the composition of this one. I like the contrasting colours, and the business of it, but I think I may have re-positioned to the two handles that are in focus, so that they were actually oof.
Dunno though. I suspect you tried many different compositions.

Great light on the sharp blade, so right on theme! Nice colours too, and not too many of them, but I'm not so sure about the composition...

Ageing - simple but effective I like it
Sharp - nice glint of light on the blade another simple looking shot.

Sharp - good take on the theme. My first idea was based around a razor, but glad I didn't as yours is a much better shot.

Hey d00d,
Ageing - A lovely simple depiction in red. You've somehow made something which ought to be busy, look serene. The letterbox crop suits it.
Sharp - Not sure on the composition of this one. I like the contrasting colours, and the business of it, but I think I may have re-positioned to the two handles that are in focus, so that they were actually oof.
Dunno though. I suspect you tried many different compositions.
Great light on the sharp blade, so right on theme! Nice colours too, and not too many of them, but I'm not so sure about the composition...
Hey dudes .... thanks(y) ... maybe I tried too hard on making the compo look random.

Hope this works .... camera on coffee shop table, sleepy security guard awakes as totty passes by.

week 7 .... Guard.
J6I-IZC7Gp1nZUyB7WxTWjhAF-8NOb91MRZxkCKx0d5YKZBtfw_iSG8pheaVRxa46QrzYo6645yBAegC8Ej32heYc7NmEVJi0cXpqMgiMo8weHRmVZDEKNR1zeiDjLzlCGQrPnJfuagnNXG_-KDWXZ2qu-399XDtSQsvx1gFKUJIlyM5AYtA_djt-Kpifm4sufq7sZ_vepbF2hJQGjoqNoE4eglsJzmcE1HX4lWd6AnLn84IlyVsf96IYoc8V-CWyF6Mgk8BGhfCahG0dbNGHyxK-XtaoIu1gVaWscbgWaKxo5F7zjYd4HaGKWn0NEU14A37JKTjQ_fF-Rpoi9x1Xy_XCYUqNKzrpYKc1TkqIUULv6J8coWHYY0X6zSpIDK9nSfZv4U-7pP_BKxa7ppcQRL3l8gCo62Tl1seLrvWAe4q64rtpD187UFEeMK62EFMEP6afSznFMCibOiW7L58acPoOrwPKG2DmrQ8IuU-vpy1XI18s06L88OglfjAM_BGL1NXltC_HJQ6LIoPwZC8ybc-OWyyHxrD3UOb2qATn2TjmpkoQSSJEj1yZCPvND5kupzbDiUeSChtUDCHI8_vvFXzGxGiiAJIxR3wRuM=w1232-h885-no

Last edited:
Back