Daks over Duxford

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not been out with my camera much lately and haven't posted on here for a while, but last week i went to Duxford for the 75th anniversary D-Day event, and its was a great day out despite the weather.

Just a few of my efforts below.

IMG_3637 by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_3279 by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_4613 by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_4354 by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_3591 by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_3613 by Doug, on Flickr

Please feel free to comment

Doug

Lovely images of vintage aircraft in flight. Can't blame you for not being out with your camera recently what with the very inconsistent weather this past winter/spring. The considerable depth of your talent is evident in your photos. Nicely done.

Many thanks Frank , you are very kind. The lack of camera use is more to do with family commitments and finding the time to get out and about.

Lovely, you were up the right end on the day for the para photos, sadly I was down the other end. Well done.

Lovely, you were up the right end on the day for the para photos, sadly I was down the other end. Well done.

Thank you Tony, I think it was more to do with luck and just being in the right place at the right time.

Very nice. A technical question: what shutter speed do you use to get the plane sharp while still showing propeller rotation?

Very nice. A technical question: what shutter speed do you use to get the plane sharp while still showing propeller rotation?
Thanks for the comments.

I usually try to use 250th down to around 125th , but it's trial an error. The light on this day was quite poor, especially later on in the day. I had quite a number that hit the recycle bin, most of these are around 160th to 200th. It comes down to practice and how good your panning technic is, and yes I'm still practicing!

For the record these were taken using a Canon eos70d and 100-400 mk2 lens.

Back