Damaged landsdcapes?

It's a good concept for a project or may be a communal thread. Only last night I was looking at a view spoiled by a laminated information board, which if it had just been placed the other side of a wall though which anyone walking there had to go it would have been out of the eye line. And those memorials, we get quite a few round here, a discretely placed bench with a small name plaque is fine but something surrounded by concrete, flowers, gnomes and god know what in the middle of a relatively unspoiled area is just too much IMHO.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who photographs 'eyesores'. (y)

2 and 4 show the damage the best. The car can be driven away and the plaque removed.

The 2nd is very much a perma change as is 4. Good concept and work

That sounds about right.

In the grand scheme of things these will just disappear over a millenia if not maintained. They would appear quite unsightly for sure. I think you have to accept that 100% of landscape cannot be pretty and functionality sometimes has to take the upper hand. However, it is also obvious that some of the older commercial structures such as reservoirs were built a lot more elegantly in the past. These concrete dams are a particular eyesore in Switzerland, however at the same time they create new vatage points and new opportunities. Take Emosson dam for example. It really depends where you stand and which way you look.

Like I said in the other thread the really bad examples are careless mining operations, deforestation, fracking, poorly engineered nuke plants and so on. You also have to consider hellholes like Beijing or Birmingham as worthy examples as a whole too. They just one day decided to build ugly and soulless cities and we now see the fallout.

Back