Damn Delivery Charges !!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
<Rant Mode On>
Went in to a well known furniture store today (Harveys) looking to buy a small nest of tables. Came across something the wife and I liked priced 175 quid, nice we thought so we got the salseman over. Told him we want to buy it, he said it's a 4 week wait...Hmm! ok then we'll order it, then he sprung a £55.00 delivery charge on us.
No we said we'l pick it up in the car, I could get nest of tables along with 2 months shopping in the back of my Ford Focus, thats how small they were. Salesman said Sorry we deliver only , you can't pick it up from the shop....Yeah right! shove the tables where the sun dont shine, he took the hump cos we would'nt pay. Maybe we can come to a arrangement he said...yes drop the delivery charge, sorry he said...tough Sh then we left.<Rant Mode Off>

What is it with these damn companies that want to rip you off with unneccessary delivery charges.

Yep well done (y)
its a friggin' con as far as I am concerned
Ok they should give you the choice but if you have a vehicle large enough to carry the item then thats a different story

Exactly! Thats ridiculous!
I wonder if they lose a lot of customers due to this stupid rule...

Never mind the delivery charge, £175 for 3 small tables !!! :woot:

I'll make you a set for £150 and have them delivered for a tenner !!!(y)

:D

Ever tried to buy a new car? talk about delivery charge rip off!

Probably did you a favour! We ordered some dining room furniture from them and the finish quality was terrible. We sent the whole lot back. It wasn`t cheap stuff either, there was a £900 display cabinet where half the glass shelves didn`t fit. It was quite frankly disgusting.

Had that with a local bed store, they were bitching about it wouldn't fit in my car etc so I pointed them at the auld transit and they *still* wanted to charge delivery!

Have you looked at Bo Concept ? Great furniture and good people to deal with.

The last stuff we had (two large display cabinets) they charged £20 for delivery, put it all together and put it into place for us too.

http://www.boconcept.co.uk/

Steve

<Rant Mode On>
Went in to a well known furniture store today (Harveys) looking to buy a small nest of tables. Came across something the wife and I liked priced 175 quid, nice we thought so we got the salseman over. Told him we want to buy it, he said it's a 4 week wait...Hmm! ok then we'll order it, then he sprung a £55.00 delivery charge on us.
No we said we'l pick it up in the car, I could get nest of tables along with 2 months shopping in the back of my Ford Focus, thats how small they were. Salesman said Sorry we deliver only , you can't pick it up from the shop....Yeah right! shove the tables where the sun dont shine, he took the hump cos we would'nt pay. Maybe we can come to a arrangement he said...yes drop the delivery charge, sorry he said...tough Sh then we left.<Rant Mode Off>

What is it with these damn companies that want to rip you off with unneccessary delivery charges.

We bought a glass coffee table from them a couple of years ago. They must have changed their policy since then because we were able to collect it from the store in Colindale without any problems. They did give us a lead time of 16 weeks though but we wanted it and it fit in with the rest of the furniture in our home so we decided to wait. In the end it only took about 4 weeks. I cant believe they would charge £55 for delivering a nest of tables and he wouldn't even negotiate. Makes you wonder whats happened to customer service in this day and age. Go to John Lewis they will look after you there and they will price match.

We bought a glass coffee table from them a couple of years ago. They must have changed their policy since then because we were able to collect it from the store in Colindale without any problems. They did give us a lead time of 16 weeks though but we wanted it and it fit in with the rest of the furniture in our home so we decided to wait. In the end it only took about 4 weeks. I cant believe they would charge £55 for delivering a nest of tables and he wouldn't even negotiate. Makes you wonder whats happened to customer service in this day and age. Go to John Lewis they will look after you there and they will price match.

Funny you mention John Lewis cos thats where we ended up. They had one but it was a 4 vweek wait until they got more in, were just gonna wait.

WOW, 55 Pounds for a 175 Pound purchase???!!!:wacky:

And here I was (in Italy) complaining about the 25 Euro charge to deliver my fridge last year! :D

Don't they realize the customers run away??? :shrug:

You most certainly did the right thing to tell them off! :clap:

Thats the best way, vote with your feet. The only language these companies know is hard cash.

good customer service is king - i only buy where this item (CS) is on offer - £55 is not good customer service...

Back